The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 17:20:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Fibreglass flip front
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fibreglass flip front  (Read 2534 times)
Metalflakedave

« on: December 12, 2012, 20:26:15 pm »

Who makes a fibreglass flip front in the UK - apart from Speedster Clinic?

I'm contemplating going full flip front on my street car and wondering who makes them. I'd want as good a quality one as possible - like Day Mouldings quality if poss as i have their wings currently.

Anyone else running a flip front on a street car on here?

Thinking about something like this but retaining the stock tank location preferably.

Any help appreciated - Dave

Dave
leec

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 20:39:19 pm »

Why would you want to on a street car?

Lee
Metalflakedave

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 20:48:42 pm »

Why would you want to on a street car?

Lee

To be honest, I thought I'd kill a few birds with one stone so to speak as I was planning to go with a 'glass bonnet, then thought I'd go full front. I've got one wing / quarter with an alignment issue so would have sorted that as well. Not a real problem to solve but with glass bonnets at £200 and full fronts at £300 I thought I'd benefit from weight loss all at the same time.

My under bonnet area isn't that tidy and I never use the space so I thought it would tidy all that up too.

I've decided against pretty much already as I hadn't thought about the lack of inners allowing all the road shit to get up behind the dash area.

So I'll probs just go with a 'glass bonnet.

Dave
leec

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 21:18:30 pm »

Aren't you a bodywork man any way? Sure you could sort the 1/4 issue out no probs Smiley

Lee
Metalflakedave

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 21:31:30 pm »

Aren't you a bodywork man any way? Sure you could sort the 1/4 issue out no probs Smiley

Lee

Yeah I am, like I say, no problem at all.

Not really an 'issue', just one wing sits closer to the front wheel than the other. 1/4 wants releasing from the valance, pulling inwards and re welding. Once I get chance to do it it would only probably take an hour to fettle and be ready to prep for paint - I just thought getting rid of it all might be beneficial seen as I don't use the bonnet area.

If you've seen my VZI thead you'll know that when I got my bigger motor, I started with a removeable rear valance, then cut the whole back end off to make removeable inners. Don't want to mess about Cheesy

But having thought about it maybe not so practical - and street wise there is a little more protection for vehicle occupants if the steel 1/4s remain  Grin
leec

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 21:33:40 pm »

Yep,
Seen your thread on vzi. Should have gone 86c Cheesy

Lee
Metalflakedave

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 22:07:02 pm »

Yep,
Seen your thread on vzi. Should have gone 86c Cheesy

Lee

Plenty brisk enough at the moment. Powerband is bit higher than usual with my heads anyway - always room of 86C later on if I want it.  Wink

I do think it would be a stomper with a C in, but good street combo as it is. My other half is already very hesitant with it with the B in.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: