The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:01:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350782 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  10sec Racecar CHEAP !!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 10sec Racecar CHEAP !!!!!!  (Read 3592 times)
Daz C

« on: October 20, 2012, 18:15:42 pm »

Decided to sell my racecar as i've moved on to pastures new, i've raced and developed this over the last 10+yrs and 1000+ passes up the strip, i honestly believe you will not find a better sorted racecar for anywhere near this cheap!!!!

The chassis is still based on a pan car using a ball joint narrowed beam up front and Cromoly ladder bar/coil over rear setup, it has a fibreglass flipfront and rear wings, and has Lexan windows, it has a 16point Cromoly rollcage (tagged to 8.50) holding it all together.

Its presently running a mild/reliable 2165cc engine built around a CB ali case, CB crank, Scat H beam rods with3/8 bolts and Mahle B+P's, the heads are based on CB 044 CNC roundports which i re-worked and fitted Chevy valves, K800 springs, Ti retainers and Chevy style billet roller rockers.
The turbo kit is from RLR (Ron Lummus) and uses a Turbonetics turbo, Turbonetics wastegate and a 650cfm Demon carb. Ignition is via crank trigger and DTA ecu, cooling is by custom made cooling fan setup, charging is by a lightwieght alternator.

The gearbox was a special order from Rancho, this was built using the best parts and mods you can do for a T1 style box, its approx 4yrs old and has been serviced by Rancho until a few months ago when it jumped out of 2nd gear a couple of times and i asked our very own John Walklett to have a look at it, he fully refreshed the box (new parts in 2nd gear) and changed some ratios at the same time, the box is now perfect again (cheers John), other than mentioned above this gearbox has been 100%.

Other smaller parts on the car inc, custom Starcut Erco's with nearly new slicks all round, Jaycee/Wilwood rear disc setup, Kirkey seat, 3" harness (in date), rare Berg shifter, genuine Autometer gauges, billet staging brake, mechanical linelock, Innovate Datalogging, Jaz fuel cell, Cromoly straight bar/ rose jointed steering, Stroud chute.

The car was recently dyno'd at John Sleath Race Cars and made well over 300rwhp at a lowly 12psi of boost running on shell Vpower fuel.
I've set the car up to run 10.90et in ProET bracket classes which it does with ease (unless the driver has a hangover), with abit more boost and better fuel very low 10's should be easy, the car has won numerous championships as it is so i leave it alone as it does what i want and is very very reliable, i'm sure countless people will back me up on this shortly.

So thats a basic run down of the car, if anybody would like more detailed info please feel free to ring me at the workshop (01609 777459) and ask away, i don't get much time on the internet so please be patient when asking questions on here, or just ring me.

I'm asking £8950 ovno !!!!!!!

EDIT!!!!!
The engine has now had (17/10/1012) a complete rebuild and freshen up, i've replaced all the bearings with top quality Clevites, K Motion valve springs, valves ground in, new piston rings, cylinders have been re-honed, all gaskets and seals replaced, clutch cover and flywheel de-glazed, its now ready for a new season with a new owner, i would also consider helping crew for the new owner at their first meeting to help with setup

I can forward more pic's on by E'mail if required, just pm me an address.

I may consider breaking the car if there is enough interest and providing the main parts sell first (engine, gearbox etc), i may also consider a part-ex !!!

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Daz C

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 18:22:19 pm »

A few more pic's
stretch

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 18:44:18 pm »

So cheap !!!!!   Shocked Shocked
Daz C

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 18:49:41 pm »

So cheap !!!!!   Shocked Shocked

I know Stretch, but it still wont sell Shocked, maybe people think there is something wrong with it cos of the low price, can't think of any other reason why it's still here Huh
james wotton

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 23:27:51 pm »

im shocked that your selling it and the price is to cheap Shocked

a bargain i think.

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Daz C

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 23:42:33 pm »

the price is to cheap Shocked

a bargain i think.

Obviously not Jim, bloody thing is still cluttering up my shop Cheesy only joking Wink, will be sad to see it go really but we all have to move on some time.
Mirco Jufer

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:16:56 am »

pm send
Shane Noone

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 20:08:29 pm »

Daz,

Awesome car that has been so impressive on the UK scene and a credit to you mate. You are giving it away at that price. It is too cheap for the package on offer. Only reason it hasn't sold yet in the UK, I reckon, is everyone is holding on to their cash and being ultra cautious because the way the economy has gone tits up. There has been some very nice cars on offer for silly money for a while now. Shame you can't keep it and just tuck it away for now.

Best of Luck with the sale in any case and hope you get what you need.

Cheers

Shane.
Daz C

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 22:59:58 pm »

Thanks for the kind words guys, the car is now no longer for sale, I've decided to break it up and will posting a new thread with the relevant parts shortly, the shell will be staying in the family (for old times sake Wink) thanks again guys  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: