The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:17:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  UK National Finals - Santa Pod
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UK National Finals - Santa Pod  (Read 2081 times)
RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« on: September 29, 2009, 00:51:06 am »

Had an awesome weekend and managed runner-up in VW Sportsman, losing the final by breaking out by more than 1/10, no idea where it came from.

Losing the final meant that I'm also runner-up in the 2009 Championship by just 10 measly points; 2880 to Lucy Matthews' 2890, the championship went right down to the Final of the last round.

A PB from the motor I was running: bog standard 1584 pulled out of my camper after I broke the race engine at Bug Jam; 19.02, While I was there I got scrutineering to weigh the car 917KG! Must do something about that. PB's also for Dean with his Airspeed motor - 16.33 and Paul Phelpsted got to grips with his homebrew 1641 and hot his first '18'. I know we're not quick, but we're getting there

Outlaw Flat Four put on an awesome show; Bernie keeping his foot well-in when most would have pedalled - I know you'll get that elusive '9' with a little fettling.
James W running consistent 10's down to 10.2 IIRC and crossing the line at 135mph - breathtaking, well done on the win. Adele keeping her car arrow straight in the mid/low-elevens - you're gonna need a bigger trophy cabinet!

Jim Smith gave us all a glimpse of his car's potential. The car cut out at mid track  (6.6 to the 1/8) and still managed to roll home with a high 12. I just hope I'm there to see it when it's finally set up right - good luck Jim, keep at at and I know you'll have her singing some time very soon.

Good luck to you all at the end of the month, I'll be along if I'm not elbow deep in my winter rebuild.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 01:03:36 am by RUSS74GHIA » Logged

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:54:59 am »

Oooo - so close Russ!

Well done though to all concerned.

Neil Davies

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:44:52 am »

Well done Russ, and thanks for the review! I couldn't be there so checked Eurodragster on Saturday evening, and I'd spotted that Jim had run an obviously backed off 12! Smiley

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:20:23 am »

Well done Russ, and thanks for the review! I couldn't be there so checked Eurodragster on Saturday evening, and I'd spotted that Jim had run an obviously backed off 12! Smiley

Jim had a 1.31 60ft too, I think it was a 12.96@ 56mph, that car is going to be good when  they sort it! Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: