The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 21:03:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351104 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  67 Old School Looker For Sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 67 Old School Looker For Sale  (Read 3055 times)
lofty1971

« on: October 03, 2009, 20:43:59 pm »

Not had this long but plans are afoot and there's something else I've got my eye on.......

Details shamelessly stolen from Denis' advert when I bought it from him:

Very original UK 1967 that comes with the original bill of sale, first green and subsequent log books, every MOT certificate, every tax disc back to 67 and reciepts for all parts that have been bought for the car.

Things done to the car:

Narrrowed adjustable beam fitted, dropped spindles and porsche patern brakes fitted all round to accept the original porsch fuches now fitted, 4's up front and 5 1/2's on the back shod in Michelin ZX 145/15's & bridgestone 205/70's respectively and koni shocks.

When Randy Jewels engine and gearbox came up for sale out of his volksworld cal look cover car, the both were bought in 2007.

December that year the engine was totally stripped and rebuilt with new cam, followers, bearings and seals, all new tinware was bought and powder coated.

This was all done and fitted by Pete Roberts at funkenblitz. He also changed the car to 12 volt and tidied up all the electics with new wire so they are all safe and neat.

Also a larger fuel line was fitted to feed the IDA'S along with a CB rotary fuel pump. All the oil hoses were made with crimped on attatchments, no jubilee clips on pressure points, so nothing will blow. A new dual circuit braking system was installed to make stopping more reliable.

The engine was fitted at 7815 recorded miles, on the insurance docs, it has now done 10928, total :- 3113 miles in 1 1/2 years

ENGINE SPEC :- 1914 cc

AS 41 CASE DRILLED AND TAPPED FOR FULL FLOW.
69mm BUG PACK 8 DOWLED COUNTER WIEGHT CRANK
STOCK CON RODS
LIGHTENED CHROMOLLY FLY WHEEL
94mm BARREL AND PISTONS
ENGLE 125 CAM
CB 30mm LIGHT WIEGHT LIFTERS
CB STRAIGHT CUT TIMMING GEAR
GENE BURG COUNTERWIEGHT PULLEY
BUG PACK CHROMOLLY CUT TO LENGTH PUSH RODS
JC PUSHROD TUBES
CB 044 HEADS, SMALL OVAL PORT
42 X 37 1/2mm STAINLESS VALVES
9 1/2 TO 1 COMPRESSION
SKAT VW STYLE 1.25 TO 1 ROCKERS ON BOLT UP SHAFTS
SKAT DUAL SPRINGS
CHROMOLLY RETAINERS
1 5/8" STAINLESS SPEED SHOP HEADER
2 1/2" STAINLESS SPEED SHOP MUFFLER
SKAT TRAK MANIFOLDS
WEBER 48 IDA'S, RUNNING 37 mm VENTURIS
BOSCH BLUE COIL
BOSCH 009 DIZZY
PETRONIX IGNITOR
PETRONIX LEADS
FULL FLOW OIL SYSTEM
REAR ENGINE BRACE
16 ROW OIL COOLER
STAGE ONE KENNEDY PREASURE PLATE
DAIKEN DISK
RANCHO PRO STREET GEARBOX
INTERMEDIATE GEARBOX MOUNT
SHORT AXLES

In side the car the interior is totaly stock and original. Both front and back seats are in very good clean condition. Original rubber floor matting is in very good condition. Original headliner is perfect.

There are no scratches or marks to the interior paint. the only additions to the interior are the sportcomp oil preasure, oil temp, tacho and the Gene Burg Quick shift. new gear guage bush fitted.

Paintwork isn't mint, but it's perfectly acceptable and you don't want perfect paint with this engine/gearbox set up Wink

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="2"]This is the car when bought, totaly stock with the addition of old boy morris minor mirrors and a retro wind deflector on the drivers window!![/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

This is by far the best set up air cooled motor I have ever owned and is testament to the work that has gone into it.

Price is £10k obo and location is Poole, Dorset, UK

PM or phone me on +44790 0000768

Cheers,

Lofty
lofty1971

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 21:24:21 pm »

Open to offers as I could do with the cash  Wink
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:47:11 am »

Great car Lofty....

lofty1971

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:39:06 am »

Wrong time of year no doubt, but one last shot before she gets put away for the winter (and some wheel detailing)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: