The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:38:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  AVO shocks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AVO shocks  (Read 3203 times)
wph

« on: October 16, 2009, 14:24:14 pm »

Sorry, there was already a post about the same thing Embarrassed

Hello,

anyone running AVO shocks in drag racing applications? They seem to be very reasonably priced at
the moment, even when double adjustable. I would be intrested in what lengths you are running
at rear in coil-over setups. Even if you don't run AVO's please feel free to comment on lengths, spring rates etc..
I'm building a 32" ladder bar setup with a rear subframe tied to roll cage in a pan car.
Front end will be adjustable beam with dropped spindles.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 14:29:42 pm by wph » Logged
Josef

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 17:19:37 pm »

Sorry, there was already a post about the same thing Embarrassed

Hello,

anyone running AVO shocks in drag racing applications? They seem to be very reasonably priced at
the moment, even when double adjustable. I would be intrested in what lengths you are running
at rear in coil-over setups. Even if you don't run AVO's please feel free to comment on lengths, spring rates etc..
I'm building a 32" ladder bar setup with a rear subframe tied to roll cage in a pan car.
Front end will be adjustable beam with dropped spindles.

Hello wph
It's interesting that we have the same plan for our cars and ask almost the same question at the same time.
Please tell me where you plan to buy your shocks.

/Josef

wph

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 18:37:01 pm »

Maybe here:

http://www.avouk.com/

To me the price is better than QA1 or any other U.S brand of shock. In my experience dual adjustable
is the way to go in front and rear suspension.
Fastorq

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:03:33 am »

I'm running (was running) a 1425lb tube frame buggy 102" wheelbase with ladder bars and 14"AVO coilovers + 9"- 500lb springs.

The buggy was squatting far too much on launch and Ive had to change to 8" - 750lb springs.

When deciding on your springs you have to take into account any leverage that will be applied to the AVOs
eg if units are completely vertical then you will get the full amount of spring but if they are mounted at an angle (ie like mine tilting inboard) the you will lose 15% of the spring rate if the angle is 30*.

Hope that helps
Regds
DavidR

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:10:47 am by Fastorq » Logged

10.89 @ 125mph
Damp Klimate Panzer
wph

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 16:04:18 pm »

I'll try to mock up the stock suspension geometry as close as possible,
factory has undoubtedly done their homework in this matter.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: