The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:32:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  this years F1 championship
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: this years F1 championship  (Read 3859 times)
streetvw

« on: October 20, 2009, 13:04:42 pm »

OK I know a few of you guys are F1 fans so whats your take on this years championship.

personally it's the first year i've watched every race and I can honestly say I've enjoyed the majority of races, and as for the champion I couldn't be more happy for Jenson Button his start to the season was just outstanding and though he had a bit rough patch in the latter part of the season but his driving on Sunday just proved what an excallent driver he is and is fully deserving of his champion status.

(oh jeah he also drives a VW bus  Cool
LuftsickTero

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 19:34:00 pm »

Don't want to start a huge debate but since you asked some of my thoughts Cheesy

The season was more exciting than we're used to, but so had the two previous seasons after Schumacher's departure. Good for the sport that the pack was more evenly matched than before and there were new winners in drivers&teams.

Jenson is nice guy but not sure whether he is in the same league as Hamilton/Teflonso/Kimi/Massa/Vettel. I guess we'll see next season. He had superior car until Summer, then his performance dropped when the traditional teams caught Brawn, while exact opposite happened with the other driver of the team. On the other hand Schumacher won quite a few WDCs with superior car (and with same tactical genius as Jenson did, and hey, also with the same #2 driver). Brawn was impressive, the car being developed with Honda money year before Honda pulled out and then the team fitting a Mercedes engine and still being so much faster than others when the season started.

Best part for me was Kimi's run from Hungaroring onwards, the win at Spa against much faster Force India car with less gas-hungry engine etc. 3 really agressive starts with KERS in a row.  Made me wonder why did it happen only after Massa was hospitalized, like Ferrari can only handle one racing car at time.. Ferrari made real asses out of themselves with the strategy mistakes, Massa's replacements were really embarassing. Didn't like how Schumacher bailed out of his return. How Ferrari expected to have FIA in their pocket and rule out the double diffuser cars etc.

Lots of controversy also with Teflonso, for sure he knew about fixing the '08 Singapore GP or might even been behind the crashgate. Unbelievable that he has been to quite a few FIA hearings (spygate, crashgate..) plus the ban before Valencia GP and been able to walk away. Got to admit that his manager Flavio has pretty good nerves, at the height of crashgate when nobody knew what sanctions FIA might pull against Renault nor whether Renault would even stay in the sport, he did the one sensible move and moved Alonso to Ferrari (with Santander money).

Among the politics didn't like how the "liargate" was handled and Ron Dennis having to quit, and also the other senior McLaren guy retired in order to protect Lewis.

Max Mosley and Bernie providing lots of headlines (like lates quotes about Imola '94 last weekend), it's unbelievable how much power can two ex-team principals have over a global sport.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 20:30:56 pm »

I wanted Barrichello to be the champion. Angry

yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 22:03:49 pm »

Formula what?
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 22:22:20 pm »

Formula what?

Cheesy Wink

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:30:46 am »

jenson is from my home time, all be it I left a year after he was born.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
LuftsickTero

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 20:41:57 pm »

The car in front never was a To#¤ta

To#¤ta auditors, preparing for the closure of the F1 team, have found a huge, almost completely empty room at the squad’s Cologne HQ.

There was puzzlement as to what it was for, before they realised it was the trophy cabinet.

http://www.itv-f1.com/popups/imageviewer.aspx?i=55893_2.jpg

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
streetvw

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 20:48:41 pm »

MEEEEOOOOWWWW  Grin Grin
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 01:25:49 am »

Loving that Ferrari got whipped!! Grin

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: