The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 20:16:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350866 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Link Pin Front End Lowering Help!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Link Pin Front End Lowering Help!!!  (Read 1783 times)
58 KAFER

« on: October 30, 2009, 21:30:12 pm »

I have a Few Questions, I have a new link pin front end stock width,it has the Avis adjusters I want to run either JGE Torkers or Flat 4 BRM's if I run the flat 4's i need a 1/4 inch spacer so the cap clears the grease cap and speedo cable. if I run the JGE torker they clear the grease caps fine but the offset set of the wheel is futher out. also how low will it go with just the Avis adjusters? I also have a set of dropped spindles under the work bench but if I use them that brings the wheel out another 1/2 inch  what do you guy use? I don't want some dumb looking 4 inch narrowed beam, I want the wheels in there stock location any helpfull suggestion's I am going to run 135's or 145's the fenders are stock German.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 21:52:37 pm by 58 KAFER » Logged
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 21:50:31 pm »

A 2" beam with drop spindles and aftermarket wheels will put the tire right back where it's supposed to be, that's my suggestion. And it keeps the ride quality good. As far as how low you can go, it depends on where the adjusters are welded in.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
sam P

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:59:04 am »

Try to hit the cap flatter with a hammer and cut the part of the cable that's sticking out as short as possible. It worked with my (cheap repro) brm's.
Oh, and I still regret mounting those lowered spindles that push the wheels out. I wanted a better ride, while keeping the same height as before with just the adjusters. But now it looks like shit, and my 135 tyres rub the fenders.
Keep it simple and not too low. You want a cal-look car, not a panscraper, right?  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:10:46 pm by sam P » Logged
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 12:42:53 pm »

as i answer you , mine is the original stock beam  with sway a way adjusters , original spindles with 145 tyres on the front wheels , nothing wrong with the torkers wheels

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: