Feuling

<< < (5/5)

Torben Alstrup:
Hello.
Feuling was a VERY talented guy,who had no fear in trying a lot of new things. But the centermount fan shroud was one of the few things he worked with that didnt perform that good neither then nor now. But it looks super cool  ;D
I would actually think that with some more R&D it could work good. butIi do not think the times are for it.
T

bugnut68:
Quote from: deano on November 21, 2009, 04:05:08 am

What a smart guy! Jim Feuling had a tuning shop in El Cajon, CA,  during the mid '70s and mainly did off-road engines. In the late '70s, he opened up a large service center down with Corky McMullen in San Diego, and during that time, came out with the center-mount fan housing. He claimed that CB later "stole" his idea, but that's another story. He also came out with an anti-reversionary exhaust header system about '79, that Cyclone bought the rights to. Jim later moved to Ventura and did work with Oldsmobile on the Quad 4 engine. Ran Bonneville, set records, did aircraft work, and on and on. He passed away a few years ago from cancer. One of the smartest guys I have ever had the pleasure to know. Pure genius.

I find it interesting that someone as revered and respected as Jim Feuling came up with the center-mount fan shroud, as it's my understanding that those shrouds are extremely poor in their cooling efficiency... unless his original design had internal differences from the shrouds seen today through Bugpack and CB? 

EDIT: I did not realize until re-reading this thread that I previously already posted in this thread.  My apologies for any redundancy.  Lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page