The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 11:52:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351104 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  weight difference between
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: weight difference between  (Read 2768 times)
dannyboy

« on: November 29, 2009, 15:50:40 pm »

stock seats and say racetrim ones or beard
i assume a go cart seat is the lightest option Grin

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 03:42:34 am »

While I don't have exact numbers of the weight difference I have lifted both. Not in a side by side comparison but I'd say from memory between my stock seat and my buddies wide race trim the weight difference would be pretty minimal maybe 5 lbs give or take. Thing is it's not about the weight savings going to a suspension seat like the racetrim, it's about safety. The racetrim seat will not give under you holding you in the harness snug the stock seat can squish down allowing your belts to become loose or even slip in extreme cases.  My opinion.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 09:21:24 am »

I don't have the numbers but I HAVE held them side by side, and the weight difference felt fairly large to me.... but then I'm a weakling office jockey hahaha. The safety, plus how comfortable they are over the stock is enough reason to get them I would say Danny. If you're after superlight though, how about a Jaz or Kirkey aluminium seat? They're quite easy to track down in the UK too, and often on ebay s'hand if you wanna save a few quid Wink

dannyboy

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 18:29:28 pm »

its a saftey thing and i also like the look of th race trim /beard seats stilllook like they should be there if you know wot imean Cheesy

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Mike Lawless

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 01:57:45 am »

For some reason, around 45 pounds per seat sticks in my head. In DRKC trim, the blue car weighed 1980lbs. Took out the stock seats and put in a single Kirkey brought the weight down to 1900 lbs. I think I took out the wiper mechanism at the same time.

Winner, 2009 Bakersfield March Meet
2006 PRA Super Gas Champion
2002-2003 DRKC Champion
http://www.lawlessdesigns.com
GreenTom

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 13:20:17 pm »

The racetrim seats looks really grate and I think they are light also (lighter than stock ones without head rest old style ones).
if you wont to save the weight Cheesy change beer to whiskey and fatty english sossages to lets say propper fat free food Cheesy (taking a shower helps some people also Cheesy )
I weigh 57kg Cheesy so don't have that kind of problem Cheesy eaven put B1L eberspraher into my bug and steal runs 15,201 Cheesy without belt (1776ccm)  Wink
but yes the stock seats weight quite a few kg and the safety... hmmm what's that safety thing by the way Cheesy no risk no funn as they say.

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: