The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 00:08:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351099 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  my 64 java ex-cal looker, will be one again!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: my 64 java ex-cal looker, will be one again!  (Read 6050 times)
donkers

« on: December 07, 2009, 21:35:28 pm »

HI, new here so thought I'd post a pic of my car. It's been passed around a bit in the UK after being a one owner car for it's first 38 years-and was a cal look car with a big motor at one point. it was de-tuned-sort of resto cal'd and sold on. I stepped in about 6 months later...
here it is a few weeks ago

As it stands now, the 5" narrowed beams been swapped out for a 2". The rear end will be raised in the next week or so. Unfortunately removal of the front wings has thrown up some very old fibreglass  Tongue Not to worry though-plans afoot to sort these, and the rest of the car is super solid. Started collecting a few parts- tach' with shift light, scat shifter (can't afford yet another berg one!) Just sold the 1600 twin carb motor that was in. This is to make way for my 2007cc motor I have lying around. Motor is from my old ghia and ran 14.8 N/A- 13.5 w/nitrous and 12.2 with turbo. think it will have a cam change and the comp' upped.... Grin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 19:16:32 pm by donkers » Logged
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 22:25:51 pm »

The sticker in the rear window is an orginal EMPI of NY one, do not remove.

Here is the car before it was parted out, and detuned.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
donkers

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 17:36:02 pm »

yeah i'd heard about the sticker...and how much it had cost! Lips Sealed
wolfswest

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 20:34:37 pm »

great to see it soon back in his former callook glory!

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
flatfire

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 23:50:31 pm »

Hello Bri cool car

Hope all is well

Peter
Neil Davies

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 10:26:41 am »

I always liked the car on Fuchs, but I never "got" the gold and brown theme. To me it just doesn't work with the green paint. The other thing I could never get my head around was the raised white letter tyres, to much like a 4x4 for me! Cheesy To be fair to Spenny though, he did plough some money into that car though. It was the Loreal car - because it's worth it... Roll Eyes

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 10:45:01 am »

Hey Bri... didn't realise that was SPennys car....

Looks better on the GB's than the porsche pattern 5's, and have to agree with Neil always somehow looked a bit 'wrong' with the gold wheels, funky offset up front and the tyres....

Cool car!

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 12:56:47 pm »

to be fair the offset was caused by the wheels, this was corrected with a narrowed beam.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
donkers

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 20:20:10 pm »

Hello Bri cool car

Hope all is well

Peter
Aye, fine Peter-shame I missed you guys at york last time  Roll Eyes Hopefully this one will be a driver-to and from the strip! well at least TO the strip, There's always the AA to get me back!  Cheesy
waved goodbye to the 1600 tonight for its new owner. Time now  to get the old stroker cleaned up and fitted  Cool
Duck

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 11:17:40 am »

Bri, im having those headlamp lenses when your not looking Wink
donkers

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 19:14:31 pm »

a little update. Silly 5" beam is now replaced with a more sensible 2" narrowed version. Engine is back at shop for a compression raise and there's a CB billet cam (with more lift/duro than the fk8 that I had) and it looks like I've sorted borrowing some IDA's. Picked up a tach' with sift light and a scat shifter on ebay-it's all being done to a tight budget!  I've had to sort myself a 2nd hand welder for the nasties, I'm no skilled worker but at least it's metal now, and will be hidden with a thin skim and the wings back on
couple of pics of the repairs I've had to do. These were all hidden under craftily applied body filler  Huh still a front valance to go on as I had to cut the original, then its on to the bogged over rear body mount  Roll Eyes

71CALRIPPER

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 19:25:15 pm »

thats a shame it was allways supposed to be a very straight car....

Good work putting it back to cal look dude

Rob
donkers

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 16:01:06 pm »

been a while for an update...
all welding done, fabbed my own edges to the valance and welded to the original after I repaired the metal behind the horn mount

found more rot in the body hanger-that had been cunningly disguised with stone chip so..,
inner

outer

thanks to hooky for the bracket- I fabbed the rest myself-not up to a lot of the high standard work I see here! but it's a first attampt, and with a 30 quid 2nd hand welder. Besides, I just want to get it back on the road!!
painted

Also last weekend I picked up my rebuilt 2007cc motor, and heard it running on it's (borrowed) 48idas (thanks Marcus)  Cool  Grin
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 17:54:13 pm »

well done for a first time job. just what a nice java looker deserves Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: