The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:24:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350692 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Porsche Gmünd engine and other cool stuff !!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Porsche Gmünd engine and other cool stuff !!!  (Read 16073 times)
ian c

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 23:50:21 pm »

BTW I believe that this method is very effective for cooling and it should be discussed in appropriate forum :-) Imagine modded sump with some kind of small scoop and voila..can help significantly and no auxiliary cooler needed!Maybe.
not VERY effective , but a nice little mod than will help along with other things to cool the oil .
i did the math using the outside diameter of the pipe i had , and loss of oil capacity was negligable .
we looked at making it shaped a bit like a naca duct , for ramair effect , but the ammount of extra work needed , plus having a weld or 2 "inside" the sump meant it was abandoned ....... along with the fact there are some berg things in the way front and rear of the sump , plus the extra surface area we was looking for was negligable .
(i think .... the fabricator doing the mod will do his own thing , and we havent discussed it for a while )
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 23:57:39 pm by ian c » Logged

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: