The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 07:30:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351082 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  So Cal Imports show
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: So Cal Imports show  (Read 13112 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 03:46:20 am »

Okay -- so, good deal or not??? shiny or matte??? does that mean EVERYONE is going to have
them now ?? Does that mean you are cheap unless you buy the flat fours??? And can someone
give me the scoop (please) do you run them as is -- or do you have to polish them or have them
repainted with a matte / semi-gloss paint?? Sarge mentioned something about a buff & respray.
I don't want to drop $500- $800 & then send them out for RE-DESIGN. I'm no newbie here ---
BUT -- I have been way out of touch for a long time !!!  Roll Eyes     Thanks

It's your car... so it's whatever you desire. Personally, I bought the old Flat Four ones. Sand blasted 'em, repainted the spoke insets flat black, got some EMPI (old, not new) caps, and was very happy with the look. (see photo in my signature, down below) I'm sure that you can buy 'em with either finish... polished w/clear coat or matte finish. The choice is yours.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Speed-Randy

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 05:02:03 am »

If memory serves me correctly, when the flat 4's first came out, everyone was running them, then it kinda died down a bit to what we have now. The latest version of flat 4's are about as close as they come to original without the mag or lug inserts and people bitch because they put the casting marks on them. In short, the empi wheels don't look like flat 4's, closer to the mws or mkw or whatever the euro made ones are called. If you don't like those, then buy flat 4's, if price is the only factor, these are great looking wheels to, decide for yourself what looks good. Some people are gonna hate these just because their empi so take the input for what it's worth

Rasser

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 11:33:48 am »

I run the MSW BRM wheels (4,5"/5,5"). Have run them for 3-4 years (15000-20000km). No problems at all, great wheels! They are clear coated from the factory - No pitting showing yet. They have driven in the rain for many many kilometers, so I would guess they could last a lifetime in So-Cal.

I´m with DKK_Fred:... "It's your car... so it's whatever you desire"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:42:21 am by Rasser » Logged

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 14:41:19 pm »

Great setting (background) with flattering lighting for those pics, Rasser. Shows off the paint nicely.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 15:51:02 pm »

Something about an old beat down industrial setting and a Clean Ca. looker.  Gets it everytime.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
bugnut68

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 22:12:56 pm »

Your loss, I bet I saw at least 6 sets sold in the 1/2 hour I was there

Sadly, this is why EMPI/Mr. Bug will never cease to be and the quality of parts out there will never improve.  People keep buying by price rather than quality, and EMPI/Mr. Bug does not represent the latter by any means.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: