The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 19:12:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350697 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Rallybeetles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Rallybeetles  (Read 28683 times)
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2010, 19:16:46 pm »

DIG THIS!!!! Just in;

Jussi took his 10 second drag race engine from his 51 split (#1 on Top Racers list the last 3 years) and mounted it in one of his rally cars and won his class. The others did not stand a chance.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Cheesy I love it!

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Jussifin

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2010, 20:25:28 pm »

Here is some facts how reliable my street-engine is. I joined testing/licenseday at the Alastaro-circuitracetrack with
simple-kombination: the supergood 1303 circuitracebeetle ex.Anders Fridh + team ( i have owned this car for some years)
now i added my old type 4 engine from the streetbeetle.

ONLY modifications i did was:
-changed the 30mm oilpump into my old drysumppump
-changed the racestyle electricfan back to this 911 fan which i normally use on the street
-changed the Kennedy1 and Black Magic into a Kennedy2 + sinterplate
-put a silencer on

I drove as normally with std pumpgas shell 99 all day long on the track. We drove 5 sets of 8-10 rounds per time(normal cupraces here are 8-10 rounds)  +  last extra set was only 2 rounds like sprintrace. The laptime at cold asfalt takes round 1.35. The car worked 100% all the day while i drove past all the other cars which were on the track at the same time...BMW 325, Golf racecars etcetc.  At the last start from the startline i found that the clutch was slipping, so that maybe needs some attention, but i finished as 1.st.

So, if someone still wonders if that street-engine is driveable/reliable - i think this shows something of it. Would be nice to see how many of those other low 10sec street-engines will hold at the real streetuse or circuituse some kilometres...

New ideas with IDA-engines are allways fun!

Jussi  Wink

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 20:42:18 pm by Jussifin » Logged

vwcab

peter

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 23:25:21 pm »

Awesome   Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 15:55:57 pm »

Cool deals, Jussi - both the Ghia rally car, and the fact that you stomped the competition with your street car motor in the circuit race.

Congrats!

Andrimot

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 21:05:51 pm »

Great stories again from Jussi!!

videos??
JIMP

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:47 am »

Hello Jussi
hats off man for the achievement, really impressive for a first time new engine package on a rallye car, what can I say. Keep it that way and continue amazing us with your work. By the way you're an "anxious inspiration" to my mind, everytime I see some pictures or videos of your cars I want to start a new rally project, maybe the time has come?

Friendly

Dimitrios
volkskris

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 09:58:31 am »

I think it's a shame to use an engine like that only in a dragracer, it has so much more potential like rallying, street driving, circuit racing. keep up the good work jussi Wink
Airspeed

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 14:23:57 pm »

Here is some facts how reliable my street-engine is. I joined testing/licenseday at the Alastaro-circuitracetrack with
simple-kombination: the supergood 1303 circuitracebeetle ex.Anders Fridh + team ( i have owned this car for some years)
now i added my old type 4 engine from the streetbeetle.

So, if someone still wonders if that TYPE 4 street-engine is driveable/reliable - i think this shows something of it. Would be nice to see how many of those other low 10sec street-engines will hold at the real streetuse or circuituse some kilometres...

New ideas with IDA-engines are allways fun!

Jussi  Wink
Excellent job Jussi! Well done. I don't have it down to '10 seconds' (yet  Roll Eyes) but I also use the engine both ways (drag and track) and even in the same car  Grin

Can you imagine if you start using EFI with that  Grin

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Jussifin

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 20:45:10 pm »

I am doing these aircooled beetles every day, so it is fun to test different ideas between the "normal" VW:s. This 1303 car suits 100% for the Finnnish circuitraceclasses, so in this season the car will be seen at the hard raceuse also with those BMW:s, Ford, Porsche etc + V8 cars on the same time at the track...
Ghia goes this weekend into the Lahti Classic car show and then after the show starts the racing with it. I am an oldstyle builder so maybe i keep on driving with the carbs. IDA:s are so simple...

For all the hobbymen it is also important to drive with these hobbycars on street or races.
Try different cars and find your own way to go: dragrace, rally, circuitrace, rallysprint, cruising or what ever, the driving gives you energy to develop more!

Get your VW:s running, summer is near!    Cool

Jussi

JS

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 21:49:13 pm »

I see the rally car also has your trademark decklid modification...  Cheesy
Congratulations, what an awesome performance!!!!  Shocked Grin

Signature.
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2010, 18:13:27 pm »

Ha! I was thinking the same thing - just didn't say it for fear that I'd get locked outside the sauna in the snow (again) on my next trip to Finland... Grin

JS

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2010, 20:19:39 pm »

Ha! I was thinking the same thing - just didn't say it for fear that I'd get locked outside the sauna in the snow (again) on my next trip to Finland... Grin

Oooops, I´m off to VW Open in two weeks...  Embarrassed Grin

Signature.
Jussifin

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 21:24:32 pm »

Hah-hah, plasma is my friend... very easy and cuts metal fast.

Today we had one more very Finnish vw-happening: URHONAJOT. 6 hours circuitrace for aircooled VW:s.  It is very funny and there is fast many kind of aircooled VW:s. Karmann Ghia typ34, beetles 1302, 1303, 1300 bodies, plasticbodies, type 3 etc. All look different but all has good safety equipment. Engines there is std type 1 , strokers, oxyboxers, type 4, carburators, injection etc. Regulations are quite free, but it is still very interesting and the guys can use imagination... Todays race was little different because it was so called quaiet day on the Ahvenisto-track and max desibels were only 95 / 4000rpm. It was not easy to do, but all cars managed to pass it.
Todays winner drove 170 rounds of that track in 6 hours, the result tells how tight it was because the second drove 170 rounds also, but they lost winning by finishing 150metres behind the winner. Third took only some round less. This is the happening, which you should be driving also. Feel the difference of this happening and atmosfere. Cars must be fast, reliable, quaiet AIRCOOLED VW:S with VW engines. Drivers here drive like gentlemen, we have had not any crashes, but still the competition is tight. We can give more info if someone is interested to join or develope this kind of happening. This has been here for past 10 years now and keeps on going strong!

Jussi

Ole

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2013, 21:29:07 pm »

Don't know if this has been posted before:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uD-tgS6rmHs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/uD-tgS6rmHs</a>

And here's the making of:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UdZ7VE_xJ2M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/UdZ7VE_xJ2M</a>

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
-Alex-

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 19:12:26 pm »

Its amazing how the drag race engine lasts at the circuit track.  Me at other hand, i am getting built "safe" monsterengine for autobahn, nickies, oilsquirters, TP heads etc.

While Cal-Look stands still, looking backwards for inspiration, German Look keeps pushing boundaries further forward Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: