The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:13:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  CSP pro turbo car from mid 90s?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CSP pro turbo car from mid 90s?  (Read 6615 times)
bugnut68

« on: January 26, 2010, 18:12:31 pm »

Just wondering whatever happened to the Pro Turbo car of Klaus Muslau (I know the spelling is way wrong, my apologies Grin) It competed at a couple of BOR events and was on the PRA '94 or'95 videos, can't remember which off the top of my head.  I believe the car was sponsored by CSP, as well.  Just curious.
Gunter

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 18:20:59 pm »

it is the CSP car owned by Peter Köhmann, Klaus was the driver ... car resides in our showroom as we speak

Gunter CSP
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 18:36:24 pm by Gunter » Logged
Gunter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 18:25:07 pm »

here is more info for you

http://www.csp-shop.de/dragracing/index.php

Dominick Luppino

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 18:58:26 pm »

Just wondering whatever happened to the Pro Turbo car of Klaus Muslau (I know the spelling is way wrong, my apologies Grin) It competed at a couple of BOR events and was on the PRA '94 or'95 videos, can't remember which off the top of my head.  I believe the car was sponsored by CSP, as well.  Just curious.

Yes, I remember asking Klaus how the rear of my car looked as I was a head of him going through the lights Grin
Udo

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 19:27:24 pm »

I am refreshing the engine at this time  and it will be back on the track this year , hopefully . But in another car .
I gets an aluminium case and some modification  Cheesy

@ Dominick . but the car was not slow . i think you did better driving your's  Wink

Udo

bugnut68

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 19:46:17 pm »

Thanks for the update!  That's a sweet looking web site, too. 

Dominic, was it Ken Cervone that last owned/crashed the Dragonslayer car?  What happened, and where?  I was just watching another old video last night and was curious.  I hated to see a piece of VW racing history go away, think I first saw the pics in Hot VWs.
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 19:55:52 pm »

I am refreshing the engine at this time  and it will be back on the track this year , hopefully . But in another car .

@ Dominick . but the car was not slow . i think you did better driving your's  Wink

Udo

Ouch! all in fun, the funny thing is in the video from Sacramento, I ran 9.11 and it was shut off before the 1000ft mark with a broken cam.

Dominick Luppino

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 20:04:31 pm »

Dominic, was it Ken Cervone that last owned/crashed the Dragonslayer car?  What happened, and where?  I was just watching another old video last night and was curious.  I hated to see a piece of VW racing history go away, think I first saw the pics in Hot VWs.

Yes, Ken Cervone crashed it in Sacramento, rebuilt it and sold it to a guy in Arizona, Tony Q. He later sold it to Jerry Spern and Jerry sold the body and tin work, Jerry kept the chassis and is in the middle of restoring it.

Now the body that was put back on the chassis after it was crashed is on the Samba, along with some of the tin work, I should of never sold it.

Here is a link to what is being sold.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=901519
bugnut68

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 20:11:53 pm »

Yes, Ken Cervone crashed it in Sacramento, rebuilt it and sold it to a guy in Arizona, Tony Q. He later sold it to Jerry Spern and Jerry sold the body and tin work, Jerry kept the chassis and is in the middle of restoring it.

Now the body that was put back on the chassis after it was crashed is on the Samba, along with some of the tin work, I should of never sold it.

Here is a link to what is being sold.

Would that be Tony Quinn? I'm almost sure I bought the tach that came out of that car... don't remember the guy's name that I was in touch with but his email was baycityvws68 or something like that.  tach gave me fits once I got it hooked up, emailed the guy for advice and he basically told me to go screw myself. 
I'm probably going to to send it back to Auto Meter and confirm whether the issues were wiring related (I'm no electrician, lol, but I think I can handle a tach) or whether the tach had problems.  Regardless of what the issue was, the guy was rude beyond belief when I asked some questions about it, and it sounded like he no longer cared about VWs one way or the other.

Thanks for the update on the car, I never knew the details before!
Udo

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 20:32:26 pm »

Udo

Ouch! all in fun, the funny thing is in the video from Sacramento, I ran 9.11 and it was shut off before the 1000ft mark with a broken cam.

I know you had a lot of fun . Klaus told me he had to wipe away your tears after that run .. Cheesy because of the boken cam .

That looks very bad ...

Udo

Gunter

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 20:43:08 pm »

you are welcome  Cool
Udo

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 16:44:15 pm »

I think it is a little sad that cars like this are not on the track . Nobody out there that can speak to the Skaggs team to bring the Chris Bubetz car back ?

Udo

flatfire

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 22:37:11 pm »

I loved the Dragonslayer we saw Dominic and Chris Bubetz race against each other at Sacramento 96 bugorama.
Scotland to Sacramento hopefully doing it this year.

I think Chris ran an 8.95 and Dominic a 9.01 or something like that. What a race.

Pro turbo was the best. IMHO Smiley
Udo

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 09:43:06 am »

I loved the Dragonslayer we saw Dominic and Chris Bubetz race against each other at Sacramento 96 bugorama

Me too

And i loved the pro stock and pro turbo classes , very exciding

Udo

Dominick Luppino

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 21:33:14 pm »

Thanks guys it sure was allot of fun!
Ivan

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 22:44:15 pm »

We ran a feature on the CSP '67 in VolksWorld way, way back. A lovely looking car!
But what about that wheelie photo we ran as a centre spread of the 'Slayer - that was on the wall in more workshops than any other centre spread poster I can think of.
What a car!
And lest we forget - Mr Luppino must get props for being so unhinged (in a very good way) to reach that far towards the sky.

flatfire

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 00:31:01 am »

''Reaching for the sky'' in my damp cold and untidy garage  Smiley
Ivan

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 02:28:21 am »

''Reaching for the sky'' in my damp cold and untidy garage  Smiley

That's the one! I can remember thinking 'that photo needs to be a centre spread', it wasn't related to a feature - it just made total sense. Inspirational.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: