The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 18:40:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  It may not be Cal look but it was Bill Mitchels....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It may not be Cal look but it was Bill Mitchels....  (Read 5229 times)
Geoff P DVKK

« on: January 29, 2010, 08:12:12 am »

It may not be Cal look but it was Bill Mitchels.... on ebay now.

Below from ebay ad.
What we have here is a very rare Motion performance built Meyers SR Dune Buggy.

It was built in 1971 and graced the cover of Hi-Performance CARS Magazine in jan 1972!!!

I have the original magazine that details the cars origin. It was built thru their Mini-car division to be used as the Thunderbug's Tow-car and Bill Mitchells personal ride. After their use It was sold to the then owners of Atco Raceway In Atco New Jersey where it remained thruout the 70's. I dont know all its wherabouts but I know it went to Illinois and bounced thru a few Motion enthusiest where it found itself in Florida. Thats where I bought it from. It was a little over 5 years ago I think when I got it. Its just something I had to have at the time as I love Old psycadelic Paint jobs. It really just sits around and rarely is used. The last time I had it out was 2 years ago when I took it to the Jersey shore to a boardwalk car sow with my son. He drove it around all weekend and felt like the catsass. this car cause comotion wherever it goes. the paint is cracked evrywhere up close but people always say Leave it alone. Thats PATINA.. Ive put some money into it over the years and Tried to keep with the cars history. It still sports original Goodyear Polyglass L-60/15 tires on the rear.Like I said Ive collected books and paperwork on the buggy over the years and everything I have for it will go with it. I paid a decent buck for it years ago and put money into it but Im willing to give someone a fair deal on it. I just dont need for it to lay around anymore. If I had a shore house i would just leave it down there and use it around town. it runs around well.  the pics tell the story. Call me at 267-246-6903 if you want to personally see it or discuss price. i reserve the right to end this auction at anytime so if your serious about being the next caretaker for this awesome pice of Motion History then give me a shout or bid to own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-1971-Motion-Built-Meyers-Manx-SR-Dune-buggy-Survivor_W0QQitemZ280457232781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414c8dc18d
El Dub

Nostalgia VW addicted!

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:23 am »

Wow !!! True it's not cal-look but it's Nostalgia at its best! I can't believe how many 70s cars survived the time...

Awesome. Thanks for the link.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 18:52:02 pm by El Dub » Logged

deano

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 15:04:11 pm »

Not a bad find. Russell think about this one!

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 15:39:47 pm »

I know a guy with an SR stashed in his back yard. I would bring it home but the wife would kill me.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 17:11:27 pm »

Very groovy ride !
Real time machine.
Even comes with a vintage "Gas, Grass or A**" license plate frame !
bugnut68

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 17:49:04 pm »

It may not be Cal look but it was Bill Mitchels.... on ebay now.

Below from ebay ad.
What we have here is a very rare Motion performance built Meyers SR Dune Buggy.

It was built in 1971 and graced the cover of Hi-Performance CARS Magazine in jan 1972!!!

I have the original magazine that details the cars origin. It was built thru their Mini-car division to be used as the Thunderbug's Tow-car and Bill Mitchells personal ride. After their use It was sold to the then owners of Atco Raceway In Atco New Jersey where it remained thruout the 70's. I dont know all its wherabouts but I know it went to Illinois and bounced thru a few Motion enthusiest where it found itself in Florida. Thats where I bought it from. It was a little over 5 years ago I think when I got it. Its just something I had to have at the time as I love Old psycadelic Paint jobs. It really just sits around and rarely is used. The last time I had it out was 2 years ago when I took it to the Jersey shore to a boardwalk car sow with my son. He drove it around all weekend and felt like the catsass. this car cause comotion wherever it goes. the paint is cracked evrywhere up close but people always say Leave it alone. Thats PATINA.. Ive put some money into it over the years and Tried to keep with the cars history. It still sports original Goodyear Polyglass L-60/15 tires on the rear.Like I said Ive collected books and paperwork on the buggy over the years and everything I have for it will go with it. I paid a decent buck for it years ago and put money into it but Im willing to give someone a fair deal on it. I just dont need for it to lay around anymore. If I had a shore house i would just leave it down there and use it around town. it runs around well.  the pics tell the story. Call me at 267-246-6903 if you want to personally see it or discuss price. i reserve the right to end this auction at anytime so if your serious about being the next caretaker for this awesome pice of Motion History then give me a shout or bid to own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-1971-Motion-Built-Meyers-Manx-SR-Dune-buggy-Survivor_W0QQitemZ280457232781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414c8dc18d

Ugh...I like standard Manxes a ton, but the SR never did anything for me.  Just a bit too fugly for my tastes.
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 18:57:35 pm »

Very cool! Love SR's.. Cheesy

Glitter don't make you faster.
GreenTom

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 20:38:28 pm »

yeah that's it Cheesy Mayers Manx SR Cheesy grate looking car. I always wonted to have one, heve got lots of brosures and pictures.
grate car really colorfull Cheesy

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 21:30:41 pm »

cool piece of history

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Nostalgiavw67

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 17:08:46 pm »

Hi!

Did anyone knew something about the -lucky- new owner Huh
Geoff P DVKK

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 17:26:55 pm »

I'm going to guess Scotland  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: