The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 21:10:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350685 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Learning: Initial advance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Learning: Initial advance  (Read 1506 times)
Jesse/DVK

'64 2176cc

« on: March 06, 2012, 13:23:07 pm »

Guys,

In my engine I have a CB Magnspark 2 ignition which has the possibility to change springs and bushing to set the centrifugal advance and at what RPM the advance fully sets in. I searched on the lounge regarding what initial advance to set it in combination with how much centrifugal advance. I saw some different numbers from 10 degrees till 20 degrees initial advance. What is the general opinion regarding this? The more is better? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks

Jesse

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
ibg

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:53 am »

jesse, a bit more info is needed.....
with IDA's and an 86B my engine stumbled a bit on transition after a lot of tuning (3rd hole, idle airs etc) bringing up the initial to 16 deg helped a lot to reduce the stumble. You can have quite a bit of initial (20 deg is quite possible) up to the point where hot starting becomes a problem. Get the advance in quickly and look at what makes power at the top end. For me 16 initial 28 all in, is a nice combo, it starts easily and makes good power. More advance didn't help the top end.
happy tuning
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: