The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:13:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350826 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  In-n-Out Burgers & Steak 'n Stein Inn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: In-n-Out Burgers & Steak 'n Stein Inn  (Read 17191 times)
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 19:29:52 pm »

A quick study in contrasts:

(that's an actual employee hat folded up)

Mike H.

Sven was right.
johnl

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 20:07:19 pm »

A quick study in contrasts:

(that's an actual employee hat folded up)

COOL   Cool Cool Cool Cool  Now that could be the "Hat" or the "Weather" outside of your window...... Wink Wink Wink Wink

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 20:51:44 pm »

Brrrrrr Mike!!

So..... anybody know why the crossed palm trees @ IN N OUT locations? (No fair looking it up Grin)

~DR
johnl

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 21:00:06 pm »

Brrrrrr Mike!!

So..... anybody know why the crossed palm trees @ IN N OUT locations? (No fair looking it up Grin)

~DR

Dave, I had no idea, so I researched it.  VERY INTERESTING...  I won't give it away, but I always like that Movie as well.   Grin Grin Grin

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 21:17:47 pm »

Brrrrrr Mike!!

~DR

Dave, I had no idea, so I researched it.  VERY INTERESTING...  I won't give it away, but I always like that Movie as well.   Grin Grin Grin

John, I like the movie so much, I own it! Ha!
johnl

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 22:02:21 pm »

Brrrrrr Mike!!

~DR

Do you remember seeing the 1962 Chrysler 300 in it??  Also an Imperial convert.

johnl

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 22:04:40 pm »

Just back from lunch and on the way back I drove by the In-n-Out location in Anaheim.  Noticed the "Palm Trees" and it put a smile on my face.   Smiley Smiley Smiley

I've always loved "Trivia" and my wife has always called me "Mr. Trivia".   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 23:38:16 pm »

Brrrrrr Mike!!

~DR

Is the Imperial the red one that gets air with the groovy Son behind the wheel? Pretty sure I remember the 300... I'll have to watch it soon Grin
johnl

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 23:46:09 pm »

Brrrrrr Mike!!

~DR

Is the Imperial the red one that gets air with the groovy Son behind the wheel? Pretty sure I remember the 300... I'll have to watch it soon Grin

I remember the 300 being red and the Imperial as blue, but it has been a long time.

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 08:13:12 am »

I talked myself into it.  Last night we went to the In-n-Out in Anaheim, corner of Orange and Brookhurst.  Had a DD Animal with fries and a Coke.  Gooooooooooooooooood and I feel much better for it.   Grin Grin Grin

Very nice, John.

And, Dave... I had to cheat and look up the crossed palm trees. Kinda cool, actually... but I would've never guessed that was the reason behind it. And I really need to take the time and watch that movie, which I've been wanting to for many years.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
johnl

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 16:57:58 pm »

I talked myself into it.  Last night we went to the In-n-Out in Anaheim, corner of Orange and Brookhurst.  Had a DD Animal with fries and a Coke.  Gooooooooooooooooood and I feel much better for it.   Grin Grin Grin

Very nice, John.

And, Dave... I had to cheat and look up the crossed palm trees. Kinda cool, actually... but I would've never guessed that was the reason behind it. And I really need to take the time and watch that movie, which I've been wanting to for many years.

In my book it is one of the funniest movies ever.  The cast, most of them gone now, were a group never to be duplicated.   Wink Wink

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 17:10:39 pm »

Very nice, John.

In my book it is one of the funniest movies ever.  The cast, most of them gone now, were a group never to be duplicated.   Wink Wink

I'm off Friday so tonight is going to be movie night.
So... sounds like a #1 Animal style and a chocolate shake to go & pop in the "mystery" movie.
I really am a cheap date Grin Grin
johnl

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 18:35:51 pm »

So... sounds like a #1 Animal style and a chocolate shake to go & pop in the "mystery" movie.
I really am a cheap date

Shortly after completing the meal please release a LOUD BELCH for me.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2010, 18:41:45 pm »

I really am a cheap date

Shortly after completing the meal please release a LOUD BELCH for me.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

My pleasure... I said I was a cheap date Grin
Fiatdude

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 00:15:12 am »

Hey Dave -- Let's go to the winternationala tommorow

We can find 2 or 3 of those in-n-out *urge* places between here and there

Harold

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:24 am »

Hey Dave -- Let's go to the winternationala tommorow

We can find 2 or 3 of those in-n-out *urge* places between here and there

Harold

Dang Harold, I'd really like to but we've planned a family off road trip this weekend... I'm heading out first thing in the morning... doggone it anyway!
Thanks for the invite though!!
See you at Drag Day right??
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 08:53:21 am »

Can anybody guess why I put a big" W" in this twenty foot tall mural?

I also park at Nick's.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 10:00:45 am »

VeryWise choice of tree placement...
Obviously a subliminal messages Shocked

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:05:12 am by Dave Rosique » Logged
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 10:09:40 am »

You were thinking of a red early sixties convertible?

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 17:53:44 pm »

You were thinking of a red early sixties convertible?

Correct on both accounts. The homeowner wanted palm trees in the foreground, so I gave them the most famous palm trees I could think of. Peter Falk has talked about Winters' antics on the set. He'd go off and act out little skits by himself all during production. One day, he said Winters was humping one of the palm trees and talking to it. He was saying, Oh baby, you're so beautiful, I just love what you've done with your hair.

I also park at Nick's.
deano

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 23:49:12 pm »

Some useless In & Out trivia.... When my family moved from Los Angeles to El Monte around 1953ish, my parents rented a house, (which was eventually knocked down when they built the 605 freeway), off Valley. Anyway, when we moved into this house, the landlord, a guy named "Harry" suggested to my dad that if we ever wanted a great hamburger, try In & Out. Of course, Harry was Harry Snyder and the rest is history. So, I can date myself having an In & Out way back to 1953-54. The Snyders were great people, and many years later, I met the two sons at Kawell's shop, who built their dune buggy engines...

P.S. I also really enjoyed the show on PBS with Hugh....

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 23:40:12 pm »

Dave,
You beat me to it !
The "W" from the movie "It's a Mad Mad Mad World"
:-)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2010, 17:51:47 pm »

On our way back from two parties, last night, my girl and I drove past a Steak n' Stein on Whittier Blvd. in Pico Rivera. At least I think that's where we were. Can't believe that place was still there and it was packed. Cool to see.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
johnl

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 19:06:03 pm »

On our way back from two parties, last night, my girl and I drove past a Steak n' Stein on Whittier Blvd. in Pico Rivera. At least I think that's where we were. Can't believe that place was still there and it was packed. Cool to see.

I had thought of going there with Christie yesterday, but figured it would be to busy and I really didn't have the $$ to spend.  We did go to the Winter Nationals on Saturday and had a GREAT TIME.  Grin Grin  I had attended that event in 1964, 65 & 66 but hadn't been back.  I'm sure I'll go next year.  Nothing like 7000 + horsepower shaking the ground..   Cool Cool

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: