The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 20:23:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Lynn & Tammy Rosevear need your prayers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lynn & Tammy Rosevear need your prayers  (Read 16792 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 03:25:36 am »

Right on, John... this is great news! Thank you for sharing with us.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
edcraig

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 04:02:51 am »

Thanks for the update.  Very good to hear that Lynn is doing better.
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:16 am »

Really Glad to hear some good news ...!!!!...Right on !!

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
johnl

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 18:12:20 pm »

I've received a few more photos from Ron Rosevear.  This one with is "Great Grand Son".  Hard to believe as when I first met him his kids were little.  To me he looks about the same, just a bit more grey.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 18:14:34 pm »

Great to hear news like this!  We've lost too many of the VW pioneers too young.  They all should live to be 100 in my opinion. Cheesy

Mike, I agree.  Unfortunately this is the way of life and we all need to appreciate it while we have it.

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 21:34:47 pm »

That is so very true... !!!

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Mike Maize

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:19 am »

I agree with that John, grateful for the day is always my plan... Wink Good news.
plasticblack

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 10:18:55 am »

It's been very intersteing reading all the comments and wishes for Lynn and Tammy.

I love everything about Auto-Haus and that Shop picture we see so often on here is my favourite VW Picture of all.

These people put in the hard work 'back in the day' that created the Wonderfull Nostalgia we are able to enjoy so much today.

To hear that former employees still have such high regard for Lynn as a person AND an employer, truly adds to the Auto-Haus story.

Let's be honest not all bosses are spoken of with such warmth so long after the event.....

Sadly I've already had the pleasure of a Heart attack and I know that at these times, Friends can REALLY make all the difference.

I'd like to add my Best Wishes to all the others and wish Lynn and Tammy all the very best with everything they still have to deal with.

Get Well Soon Lynn.

johnl

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 16:31:16 pm »

Saturday evening (01/30/10) Tammy Rosevear phoned with updates on Lynn.  I wasn't able to take the call but Tammy relayed to Christie that Lynn sat up in a chair from 9:30am until 1:30pm that day.  Pretty remarkable for a guy that was on death's door and just five days after a six hour heart surgery is doing this.  She also relayed that he is known as a "miricle" within the hospital.  Possibly the VW Gods were not ready to take him yet.  Lynn is supposed to be move from ICU possibly today. 

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 18:57:11 pm »

That's good news John. Good news indeed.  Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
johnl

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 18:21:51 pm »

UPDATES ON LYNN ROSEVEAR

I haven't said much on this, but MAJOR problems came to pass after Lynn's surgery.  He was in very bad shape and it has been a real struggle. 

On Saturday I spoke with Tammy and she informed me that Lynn is now home and can move around a bit with assistance.  I was able to speak with him very briefly.  He was only able to get out about ten words as taking interferes with his breathing.  He did state it was "an experience".  I told him to rest and we would talk more in the future.

After loosing Joe Vittone recently I think we all need to reflect and appreciate these early innovators in the VW performance world while we can.

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 19:57:50 pm »

So true John, we wish Lynn the best and he get through all this, and his family strength. We will keep praying for all of them.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: