The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 00:18:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Removal of Motor Vehicle to Foreign Jurisdiction for Registration or Sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Removal of Motor Vehicle to Foreign Jurisdiction for Registration or Sale  (Read 5829 times)
Chris Andrews - The Mailman

Gaelic lineage with Yankee blood

« on: February 20, 2010, 17:18:41 pm »

Surfing the net this morning, I browsed the California Vehicle Code website. I was interested as to what equipment is required by the State of California, to comply with their laws.

As I searched the CA DMV website, I found this Vehicle Code section: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d05/vc11725.htm

I believed it necessary for me to bring to the attention of those whom may sell their vehicle to another for export, with the seller having knowledge ( Hmm.. "plausible deniability" ?) of the vehicles pending exportation.

From what I have read, California deems that any license plate issued by them, is California State property.

Comments ?

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look
at.....how many want in.......and how many want to get out."
-Prime Minister Tony Blair of Great Britain

"...Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
-Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address, November 19, 1863

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
- George William Curtis

"Good fences make good neighbors."
- Robert Frost, The Mending Wall - 1914
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 17:25:39 pm »

Amended Ch. 934, Stats. 1976. Effective January 1, 1977.... Here  we are 33 years later, so clearly a strictly enforced law!  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 17:32:05 pm »

Like Keith said, but I've heard of Police that really had their gander up, using this law to inflict pain. Case in point . the guy I heard about had louvered the plate of his car , and was cited for destruction of State property. The same law applies to refurbishing/ painting plates, but you're not likely to get hollered at for it.

I also park at Nick's.
ian c

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 20:15:08 pm »

. the guy I heard about had louvered the plate of his car , and was cited for destruction of State property.

why didnt you tell me this earlier john ??
i could have said in my defence that i had removed my front plate and was keeping it in the trunk because i was PROTECTING state property !!
and i was driving too fast around that corner without indicating because i wanted to get the state property home where it safely belongs !!
instead of praising me , they make me do traffic school .
idiots .
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 20:18:44 pm by ian c » Logged

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Russell

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:02:19 am »

i guess im in deep shit then  Wink

Best Regards

Russell
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 03:16:26 am »

i guess im in deep shit then  Wink

HAHA!! You're just now realizing that you've poached other peoples' properties? Too funny. I saw that happening a long time back.

Like McNew used to say at our club meetings, "Cool is NOT for sale. "

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Russell

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 23:34:33 pm »

Im not trying to buy cool.....

I just like old VW's and am prepared to save them rather than let them die, no crime i feel....

Best Regards

Russell
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 00:37:54 am »

It's funny – back in the 1980s, all the 'cool' stuff was sold to Japan and everyone bitched. But anyone could have bought it. Fast forward 20 years and the same. All the old junk was there, for sale, at rock-bottom prices for years and years. But nobody ever wanted to buy it. When somebody does step up and rescue it, everyone cries foul. It's the same in the UK. Lots of old Brit sports cars went west but they had all been for sale for years.

All that matters is that these cars are now back in the public gaze, on a track – rather than sitting rusting, gathering dust in a garage somewhere, waiting to be 'fixed up'...

If all this stuff was somebody else's 'property', why didn't they do something about it?Huh Somehow I don't think Tar Babe would ever have been returned to its former glory by anyone south of the border...

Be cool, everyone, and enjoy. Don't be jealous, just enjoy… Smiley

Rennsurfer

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 02:04:05 am »

HAHA!! Obviously, some people are missing the point, entirely. It's not about the cars... they can go wherever their respective sellers deem fit.

If I have to explain... never mind.

Roll Eyes

~Sarge
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:56 am »

Oh Fred, we all understand what you're driving at - of course you can't buy memories, past experiences or 'lost years'! Or as you put it cool. Smiley

What I find sad is that you imply the only 'cool' times are to be found in the past. I totally and utterly disagree. What I find so incredibly exciting and refreshing now is how the real 'originals' – the likes of Ron, Sarge, Mike Mahaffey, John L, Mother, et al – all have fond memories of the early days BUT also have a real blast today. We are all creating our own memories and cool times. 'Cool' doesn't mean 'when I was a pimply kid' – it means lots of things: back then, here today and onwards to tomorrow, sharing great times and creating new memories with friends, old and new. The cars are, as you say, only part of it. It's the people and their interaction with others that make things cool. Saying 'you'll never understand' isn't cool. It smacks of arrogance. But, hey, in the days of Punk and heavy rock, arrogance was kinda cool, too! Cheesy

Let's just rejoice in the fact that a) there is still a scene today, b) the old guys are still part of it and, most importantly, c) there are new generations who wish to keep it going. Now that is cool. Cool

Rennsurfer

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 15:26:14 pm »

Saying 'you'll never understand' isn't cool. It smacks of arrogance.

No worries, Keith... It's not affecting me, personally. Just a trifle bummer to watch my friends get something trampled on. That's all. Besides, no need to defend someone that can't understand. To which I say to him... you/ll never understand.

Call me arrogant, but if that's the case, then I'd surely hate to be the guy this is aimed at.

Grin

~Sarge
mg

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 16:41:13 pm »

Im not trying to buy cool.....

I just like old VW's and am prepared to save them rather than let them die, no crime i feel....

Some nerve restoring old gassers and racing them at Bug Ins.  Wink
Your Tar Babe is awesome, to see the car in action would be a worth more than Bug In admission.
I bet fred will be at the fence watching too.  Cool
Russell

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 18:58:34 pm »

DKK FRED

PM sent

Thx
Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Rennsurfer

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 21:19:46 pm »

I bet fred will be at the fence watching too. 

Please do yourself a favor and quit making bets that you can't back up.

~Sarge
mg

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 23:36:41 pm »

You know what's funny about fred's argument is some guys will yell "poacher" but I know of no one that has turned away more money to keep their car behind the orange curtain.

Double cool if Greg would agree to make a pass with it.  Cool Cool
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:14:37 am by MG » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: