The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:42:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  TAMI SHOW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TAMI SHOW  (Read 2086 times)
johnl

« on: March 09, 2010, 18:24:00 pm »

Last night I was channel surfing and came across the TAMI Show on our local PBS station.  I’ve attached a link here to give you some background and yes I’m old enough that I remember it well.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_T.A.M.I._Show  This is done in black and white and I almost think it helps set the mood.

I’ve had it on our Netflix list for sometime and it is just now becoming available.  This was done just at the beginning of the British Invasion when groups like the Stones were just becoming known in America.

Some of it might be a bit “hokey”, but I urge all of you to watch it if possible if you enjoy music.  The highlight is James Brown toward the end of the show.  People talk about Michael Jackson and how great he was at dancing and all of his moves.  This is a personal opinion, but James Brown makes MJ look like a dot on a map.  You will never see ANYONE move like this and watch his backup group, “The Famous Flames” with their moves.  Also his band is one of the tightest you will ever hear.

Watch it and I think you will see him do four songs without stopping.  Remember this was done pretty much live in Santa Monica, CA. way back in 1964.  Dean Torrence of Jan & Dean was on the program live during the breaks and stated that this could never be duplicated and I’d have to agree.

Not all of the performers are on the PBS show, but if you can obtain a copy of the newly released DVD I think you will see it all.  Mine is coming soon and I’m excited to see it.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 61 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2024

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 04:57:25 am »

My wife and I caught it. That show was legendary back then, but neither of us had seen it till now.

I also park at Nick's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: