The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 16:01:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350697 Posts in 28578 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Shakey RWYB Weekend - Sat 17th / Sun 18th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Shakey RWYB Weekend - Sat 17th / Sun 18th  (Read 31518 times)
Adele AW

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2010, 20:21:56 pm »

Congratulations!!!!!!  The ballshit stops when the flag drops!  Shocked

ive got to sort that idle out!!  Sad doe!!  but thats got to be at least 15hp more, i think it has more torque now aswell Smiley

were the runs on the c12?
 if so, we'll have to talk about some little changes to get you into the 10s with that motor, cos its definetly possible with a little tweeking Wink

well done again, sorry about the decklid!!!

Cheers Dude.... Cheesy The Runs were on C12 yeah! You know how i feel about the tens Wink One thing im not sure about is, i hit my shift limit a wee bit before the line which was 7.3k, now not sure if i want to hold out on 3rd any longer as i think theres some left in it , or if the EFI affects that ?!  Huh

O/FF 621
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010, 22:28:29 pm »

Adele, your motor sounds lovely on those throttle bodies! really crisp and responsive - they have a unique induction sound, which I really dig! Wicked Smiley

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:08 pm »

Thanks for the videos Harv Smiley Really appreciated, need to get more recordings this year Smiley

no problem at all,gave me something to do Grin camcorder is always with me so welcome to borrow any time you like ,just got to put glens run up on here,
but been a bit manic with my cat herbie going missing but luckily my neighbour found her this morning behind her wheely bin with a piece of string round her neck!!! not sure if some arsehole had done it ,but any way shes ok and at home  Grin
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:03:08 pm by kaboom ! again :-( » Logged

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
Adele AW

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2010, 20:14:01 pm »

I keep going over that in car footage  Roll Eyes , im quick from first to second and slightly longer to third and then in third longer before changing to fourth, from what i can see im in fourth over the line at 8k ? Normal shifting in the other gears around 7.5k.

Not sure if i seem to be running out of gears, or if the box now needs to change because of the EFI, or am i just talking out of my rear end ?

I cannot hold out any more in first and second and pretty sure im at the limit of 4th ?  Roll Eyes

Im getting on my own nerves with all this geeking our and analysing  Roll Eyes Grin

O/FF 621
ESH

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2010, 20:17:10 pm »

Congratulations on the PB.  Cool
richie

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2010, 20:29:26 pm »

I keep going over that in car footage  Roll Eyes , im quick from first to second and slightly longer to third and then in third longer before changing to fourth, from what i can see im in fourth over the line at 8k ? Normal shifting in the other gears around 7.5k.

Not sure if i seem to be running out of gears, or if the box now needs to change because of the EFI, or am i just talking out of my rear end ?

I cannot hold out any more in first and second and pretty sure im at the limit of 4th ?  Roll Eyes

Im getting on my own nerves with all this geeking our and analysing  Roll Eyes Grin

Does sound like you are running out of gear,maybe that bus trans is calling now Shocked Smiley

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Adele AW

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2010, 20:37:44 pm »

Does sound like you are running out of gear,maybe that bus trans is calling now Shocked Smiley

cheers richie

Im doing my own head in now  Roll Eyes only just really started thinkiing about it re-watching the footage ! We did originally ask Pete to built a box suitable for low 12's maybe high 11's  Grin  Huh

O/FF 621
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2010, 21:07:50 pm »

Well Ive learnt cheep CV's dont like launching at 5 grand  Roll Eyes the german one's bus and bug are fine , cheepo's are mashed .
Hope that was the clicking noise and why it did'nt want to turn and not the diff  Undecided

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
m.m.p

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2010, 21:15:04 pm »

Im doing my own head in now  Roll Eyes only just really started thinkiing about it re-watching the footage ! We did originally ask Pete to built a box suitable for low 12's maybe high 11's  Grin  Huh

dont worry, i can get the motor to keep its power to 8000rpm, with i a little loss of low down power (when your in trafic going to tescos will be more of a pain! Grin ) that way you will be able to hold each gear alittle longer, but you are getting to the limits of everything!! rpm,gear,time, ect,ect, but thats when the cars at its quickest Smiley

you'll get there, some people have tried for years and years to get where you are now in such a short amount of time, its all in the combination.

Thanks
Marco Mansi
Marcomansiperformance.com
0044(0)7947 660 924
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2010, 07:41:24 am »

ive finally had time to put some more pics up
here we go

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
wolfswest

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2010, 09:43:50 am »

both nice results...

Glenn, what's your setup and estimated hp please?  Huh

thx,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2010, 19:26:45 pm »

Im running a home bulit 2165 with a engle 125 streight cut gears /ratio rockers , heads are 42/37 with a good port and polish , weber 48's with a stock pump and 110 dizzy .
Estimated hp around 175 . putting it though a box built by cogbox with all the right bitz Wink
Goona strip the motor down over the winter or when i break it  Roll Eyes hope to squeeze close to 200 bhp out of it then .
Busted up my diff last run due to too long a drive shaft's  Roll Eyes lesson learnt . hope to have it all back together for Gary's Picnic .
Car feel's strong and I know there's more in it with more seat time  Cool

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: