The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:59:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351059 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner  (Read 3180 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: March 21, 2010, 00:30:42 am »

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys in case anyone has thought of buying one to clean parts. I have been really impressed with the one I bought. For $65.00 it is great for cleaning small parts. I bought there large one and it is just big enough to put a IDF carb body disassembled into it. The water only covers about 2/3 of the carb but man they came out really clean. I used simply green as a detergent and I was really impressed with how well it worked. The carbs I put in there were your typical used carbs that had been sitting a while and they came out almost like new. It took around 4, 6 minute cycles to clean them with heat. Anyway, if your looking for one to clean small parts, its well worth the money. I just thought I would share a new tool I found that works really well.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:09:47 am »

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys in case anyone has thought of buying one to clean parts. I have been really impressed with the one I bought. For $65.00 it is great for cleaning small parts. I bought there large one and it is just big enough to put a IDF carb body disassembled into it. The water only covers about 2/3 of the carb but man they came out really clean. I used simply green as a detergent and I was really impressed with how well it worked. The carbs I put in there were your typical used carbs that had been sitting a while and they came out almost like new. It took around 4, 6 minute cycles to clean them with heat. Anyway, if your looking for one to clean small parts, its well worth the money. I just thought I would share a new tool I found that works really well.

--louis
hi Louis which on did you buy? http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/wishlist/addItem.do?sku=3305&returnurl=/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=3305

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:24:02 am »

No its the bigger one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95563

--louis

Louis Brooks

kingsburgphil

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 04:44:48 am »

You just touched a nerve here.....I just threw away a "Harbor Fright" industrial ultra sonic cleaner, (the now discontinued stainless steel model). It worked perfect until I
"overloaded" it,  what ever that means?

If and when I purchase a new model, I'll use a 20% off coupon, buy the extended warranty and take my chances.  But one thing is for sure, I would limit the size of
what I"m cleaning.   

Once burned......Twice cautious.  Undecided 
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 15:50:51 pm »

They say not to use it for more than 45 minutes at a time or it will do that. Its why I bought the warranty. If it brakes they will take it back without any questions asked. Though I guess if they discontinue it, that wont help.

--louis

Louis Brooks

kingsburgphil

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 15:48:48 pm »

They say not to use it for more than 45 minutes at a time or it will do that. Its why I bought the warranty. If it brakes they will take it back without any questions asked. Though I guess if they discontinue it, that wont help.

--louis

I'll probably end up buying one like you did, after my disappointment fades in having paid $150 for the first one.  In my case even using the timer function didn't keep it
from an early death...guess that's why it was discontinued.

Regarding the ext. warranty, I was told it was only good for one exchange?  I hope they were in error.
I'm still a HF customer, just a lot more thoughtful in my purchases  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: