The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 16:40:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351095 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  70's vintage Balupunkt Berlin stalk radio
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70's vintage Balupunkt Berlin stalk radio  (Read 1965 times)
Cornpanzer

« on: April 01, 2010, 19:41:53 pm »

I didn't want to sell this radio, but a new engine for my 911 means I have to dig up some more cash.

This was the state of the art in car audio circa 1977.  The system is made up of an amplifier unit, a dash mounted cassette recorder/player and a "space-age" stalk mounted head unit.  It even includes the uber-rare microphone for dictating notes while you storm the alps in your early 911.  (or buzz down Orangethorpe in yourCal-Look car)   Grin

This unit sold new for $1,100.00 in 1977!

Unit has only been tested to power up.  It powers up, lights all work, cassette player functions seem to work (ff/rew, dir change).  Tuner selector works.  However, I did not have an antenna or a speaker to fully test the output of the radio.  I have no reason to believe that there is any problems, but I cannot guarantee this.

Darryl Vittone had one just like this in his 911 back in 78

Asking $300 plus shipping.

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
deano

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:51:18 am »

Dave, I do remember seeing that trick radio and controller in Darrell's 911, when it was at our shop in Anaheim (having Brad's do the headliner and carpeting....) Way out for the time.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: