The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 21:39:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Help with suck through turbo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with suck through turbo  (Read 1717 times)
JIMP

« on: April 20, 2010, 15:24:22 pm »

Hello all

I'm experiencing a problem with a Garett turbocharger, it is a suck through system and when the pressure starts to build -not much at about 0,8bars- gas is coming out between the compressor housing and the intermediate plate, initially we thought it was coming out of the bolts threads, we dismantled, made it clean on all ataching surfaces, put some sealant to the bolts but no luck, now is clear that is getting out between the two aluminum surfaces. The turbo its all new, never mounted on a car before, a true garett prepared by a true american pro. Do you have any idea before I start contacting the guy? -you know, I don't have experienece on these systems and I'm "afraid" not to look stupid if it's something simple, cheers

Friendly

Dimitrios
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 16:44:12 pm »

Hi Dimitrios.
I think it's no problem,I also had the same issue on a new turbo.Some has a o-ring there to seal, mine had the slot for it but no o-ring.Just use some sealant and it should be good to go.

Stian

JIMP

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 19:53:31 pm »

Hello Stian

I also thought the same but I would like to be sure, this is why I asked, thanks  al ot for the input

Friendly

Dimitrios
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: