The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 09, 2024, 10:40:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351108 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  crank gear pullers...recommendations?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: crank gear pullers...recommendations?  (Read 2454 times)
bugnut68

« on: April 20, 2010, 17:34:53 pm »

I'm looking to get a crank gear puller so I'll have options in case I dont' get my crank gears on properly the first go-around...Grin  That's one engine-building chore I always dread because I've yet to get it right in one fell swoop!  Any recommendations, or are they all pretty much one and the same?
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 18:35:57 pm »

Ryan, get the new CB one it's the old school one made by the originator. I got one from them, made in the good old USA, the others are Chinese. Check it out on CB web-site. Can't remember the name, brain getting old.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
bugnut68

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 18:46:58 pm »

Ryan, get the new CB one it's the old school one made by the originator. I got one from them, made in the good old USA, the others are Chinese. Check it out on CB web-site. Can't remember the name, brain getting old.

Ted

Thanks, Ted!  I'll check it out.  I've got some other parts I need to get from them, anyway. Grin
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 19:19:44 pm »

BUGPACK sells the new SP Tool Gear Puller, The new versatile shoe allows use on all Type 1 through Type 4 gear configurations, and yes, it's made in the USA.
bugnut68

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 19:29:34 pm »

BUGPACK sells the new SP Tool Gear Puller, The new versatile shoe allows use on all Type 1 through Type 4 gear configurations, and yes, it's made in the USA.

Dom, I didn't see any Oregon dealers listed on the Bugpack web site.  Who in Oregon is an authorized dealer?  I noticed the CB Performance web site listed the puller as the schley products item, just wondering if I might be able to shop locally and avoid shipping.
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 20:19:59 pm »

Dom, I didn't see any Oregon dealers listed on the Bugpack web site.  Who in Oregon is an authorized dealer?  I noticed the CB Performance web site listed the puller as the schley products item, just wondering if I might be able to shop locally and avoid shipping.

E-Mail sent.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 23:20:25 pm »

Sorry Dominick, didn't mean to take away from Bugpack, forgot you guy's have them too. But thats it SP Tool, a great piece no mater where you get it from. Can't go wrong.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
bugnut68

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 23:24:15 pm »

Aside from transmission jigs, that's about the only VW tool I don't have in my tool box!  I'm overdue...lol. Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: