The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:36:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP Preparing to embark... South Calif to Big Sur, CA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: DKP Preparing to embark... South Calif to Big Sur, CA  (Read 15100 times)
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 17:47:28 pm »

Ah, the lure of the open road!

O/T:  Blue Mahles???  Don't believe we've seen that before!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 05:53:45 am »

So, the photos?  Smiley

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Sarge

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 12:20:45 pm »

Towards the end of the '69's existence, the silver color on the right rear wheel began to fade away revealing a nice shade of blue... the other three remained silver.  Another mystery.

DKP III
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 22:11:23 pm »

Towards the end of the '69's existence, the silver color on the right rear wheel began to fade away revealing a nice shade of blue... the other three remained silver.  Another mystery.

I love your 69 Sarge !

Sarge

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 19:51:17 pm »

Thanks Nico!  Gee, I wonder what Ratto and Carlos are "doing".... Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 21:04:56 pm »

Thanks Nico!  Gee, I wonder what Ratto and Carlos are "doing".... Roll Eyes Grin

They're headed over to the Blue Oyster, next.

I also park at Nick's.
Sarge

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 23:42:13 pm »

In 1981 (that's the date on the back of this pic), Sharon and I set off for Oregon in the trusty '69.  We spent a night in Eureka and headed out the next morning before sunrise.  Back then, we never went ANYWHERE before "talking  to Mr. Green" and that day was no different.  We were in a skunky fog when Sharon noticed that we were going the wrong way on a deserted one-way street.... FAAAAAKK!  I looked across the street at a doughnut shop with two police cars and several cops waving at us.  A large black dog in the back of one of their cars took "notice" and started barking like crazy!!  What to do??  There was a motel on the right corner and a spot between two parked cars where I figured I could back into a parking lot... well, there was no DRIVEWAY and I shortened up our exhaust backing into the curb.  By this time, a cop was headed our way on foot and we promptly got out of the car... Sharon quickly kicking the evidence under the car.  After the cop took my license back across the street, we waited for what seemed hours but in reality was probably fifteen minutes and were let go.  Needless to say, we were stunned as I'm sure we both reeked.  After getting back out on the road, Sharon was amazed that I was most upset by what I'd done to the exhaust instead of being thankful not to have gone to jail Roll Eyes.  If you look closely, you'll notice the headers are hanging a little low... Grin

DKP III
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 23:58:59 pm »

Great story sarge,!

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 00:48:56 am »

Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:14:05 am by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 03:07:32 am »

Well I talked to Carlos on Fri. and he said work was taking him out of state and he's not able to go. Not sure if Ratto continued on or not?Huh?    Bummer!

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Jim Ratto

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 16:57:24 pm »

Yep, I went  Cool. Made it back yesterday about 1pm, safe and sound. And in mostly 1 piece. About 30 miles from home I noticed a "pop pop" upon lifting throttle in traffic... figure plugged idle jet. Nope, found 3/4 manifold has a little split in it. Oh well, no biggie get it welded up and back on the road.
Carlos had business come up @ last minute and couldn't make it, but there's always next time....

here's link to pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23017&id=100000122375079&l=72ff7df111
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 17:59:22 pm by Stella Blue » Logged
Peter

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 17:40:46 pm »

Cool pics, Jim,
Very nice scenery
Seems like you drove a long way.
Respec!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 18:15:03 pm »

Cool pics, Jim,
Very nice scenery
Seems like you drove a long way.
Respec!

Thank you.... it was about 700 miles all said and done. I'm beat!! Smiley
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 19:15:47 pm »

In 1981 (that's the date on the back of this pic), Sharon and I set off for Oregon in the trusty '69.  We spent a night in Eureka and headed out the next morning before sunrise.  Back then, we never went ANYWHERE before "talking  to Mr. Green" and that day was no different.  We were in a skunky fog when Sharon noticed that we were going the wrong way on a deserted one-way street.... FAAAAAKK!  I looked across the street at a doughnut shop with two police cars and several cops waving at us.  A large black dog in the back of one of their cars took "notice" and started barking like crazy!!  What to do??  There was a motel on the right corner and a spot between two parked cars where I figured I could back into a parking lot... well, there was no DRIVEWAY and I shortened up our exhaust backing into the curb.  By this time, a cop was headed our way on foot and we promptly got out of the car... Sharon quickly kicking the evidence under the car.  After the cop took my license back across the street, we waited for what seemed hours but in reality was probably fifteen minutes and were let go.  Needless to say, we were stunned as I'm sure we both reeked.  After getting back out on the road, Sharon was amazed that I was most upset by what I'd done to the exhaust instead of being thankful not to have gone to jail Roll Eyes.  If you look closely, you'll notice the headers are hanging a little low... Grin

Very cool story and great photo sarge!

& congrats Jim, nice trip & nice pics!

Glitter don't make you faster.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 19:17:38 pm »

Yep, I went  Cool. Made it back yesterday about 1pm, safe and sound. And in mostly 1 piece. About 30 miles from home I noticed a "pop pop" upon lifting throttle in traffic... figure plugged idle jet. Nope, found 3/4 manifold has a little split in it. Oh well, no biggie get it welded up and back on the road.
Carlos had business come up @ last minute and couldn't make it, but there's always next time....

here's link to pics

Looks like an epic trip Jim! Great photos!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Jim Ratto

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 19:23:52 pm »

Thanks guys!  Cool
Jim Ratto

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 19:38:35 pm »

yeah, if only Carlos actually came with...   partying harder than that dude.  Cool
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 20:50:01 pm »

Great story Sarge  Cheesy Grin

If remember well what I read in The Book #2, you bought the 69 brand new ?

OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 03:16:32 am »

here's link to pics

Great Pics Jim! thanks for sharing Cool

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Zach Gomulka: "California Look is walking softly and carrying a big fucking stick."
Sarge

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 03:53:14 am »

here's link to pics

Awesome pics, Jimbro!! Cool Cool Cool  I can't believe that little bitch dumped you you like that though... WTF??? Grin

Grin  Yeah, from Don Burns Volkswagen in Garden Grove. 

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 16:16:14 pm »

here's link to pics

Great Pics Jim! thanks for sharing Cool

here's link to pics

Awesome pics, Jimbro!! Cool Cool Cool  I can't believe that little bitch dumped you you like that though... WTF??? Grin

Grin  Yeah, from Don Burns Volkswagen in Garden Grove. 

Thank you boys!
SPEEDWELL66

VW DRAG RACING.....MEXICAN STYLE!!

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 07:04:12 am »

Grin Grin

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

the mexican homie

WWW.VOLKSSTYLE.COM
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: