The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 00:27:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  ... and another dumb ass MSD question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ... and another dumb ass MSD question  (Read 2733 times)
wolfswest

« on: May 17, 2010, 20:46:39 pm »

Hi guys,

I finally managed to buy myself a complete msd setup: msd blaster coil II, an 6A box and a billet distirbutor.

Probably a dumb ass question but just in case.  I will check the timing of the current setup (blue bosch coil, 009 with compufire points replacer) and let us say that it's dialed in 31 degrees full advance for example, should I also dial in the msd at 31 degrees or should I go for less cause the spark is heavier?  Huh  I will schedule an appointment with my engine builder later to fine tune it but I want to make sure I don't mess up my engine on the way to the shop...

second but less important question.  the distributor has now a heavy and a light silver spring.  Since I bought the distributor second hand I don't have other springs.  Should I buy me a set or is this setup a pretty good spring setup?  Roll Eyes

thx,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Carsten

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 18:35:05 pm »

Go on the MSD internet site and try to find the original instructions about the distributor ! There are the curves and the way it changes timing over the rpm with different springs and stoppers !
Best way to sort out , what your distributor might do , when in the engine.
Best would be to get you the set of springs and stoppers to match it your needs and engine.
Greets , Carsten

1969 IRS bug
wolfswest

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 13:53:17 pm »

Carsten

thx for the tip.  The msd is already installed since yesterday and is working fine.  A few minor issues to solve now, making the tacho work and install the right springs...

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Carsten

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 14:06:56 pm »

No problem. Had the same withe mine , when it was new. Took some time to find the right settings and have the engine runnig correctly !
Greets , Carsten

1969 IRS bug
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: