The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:45:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Bugs for Breakfast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Bugs for Breakfast  (Read 23222 times)
Speed-Randy

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 06:36:47 am »

I'll try to make it if the wife doesn't have a list of things for me to do.

Just do it man... besides, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission Cheesy

LOL ya but this is the same wife that took 3 vacation days off and went with me to drag my car up to Danny's last weekend so I owe her!  Wink
Didn't you take her sight-seeing at the bunny ranch

Hecker

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:06 am »

Sat June 5 ...Tom's 4477 La Palma Anaheim ..... sounds good guys, but I have a previous
commitment to the O.S. BMX God in Bellflower, I'll be with you all in spirit !!! Beer , Vodka, etc.
HAVE A GOOD TIME GUYS !!!!! and welcome any newcomers.......... Grin
SO-CAL Speed Shop L.A.

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 09:15:31 am »

Sorry for the confusion guys- all the Tom's are GREAT- but Tom himself actually spends the most time at this location and is a really great guy who will appreciate the cars. Also for this weekend I have a special after field trip for those interested to the shop of a well-known bug builder who is picking up a new split window project that we will be the first to see tomorrow. He's in Corona- just to let you know which way we are headed if you are interested. Thanks! Jim

NEEDED!!! Working '67 Door Handle W/Key! Thanks Jim 310/720-6049
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 17:58:55 pm »

I'll try to make it if the wife doesn't have a list of things for me to do.

Just do it man... besides, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission Cheesy

LOL ya but this is the same wife that took 3 vacation days off and went with me to drag my car up to Danny's last weekend so I owe her!  Wink
Didn't you take her sight-seeing at the bunny ranch

That's why I owe her!  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 22:41:58 pm »

Had to pass on this one, today. I never turn down a chance to skateboard or surf with my sons. My younger son called me early, today, and we all hit our local skatepark. Then, had some Mexican food, & worked on my older son's car. Although his younger brother DID want to take out the '67 Bug.

Hope that y'all had fun, today... if it was a go.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Hecker

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 05:52:29 am »

Sorry I missed but had a great day....sold a whole bunch of stuff I found hiding
in my garage. Better yet I think I got quite a bit of interest in my race frame &
some old BMX wheels, if those sell I up enough to pay for my vacation cruise !!!
Next weekend is the classic so where lies the plan Huh  Nick's on Friday night !!!
61SNRF

Der Selten Kafers Charter Member

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 17:26:06 pm »

Sorry you guy's couldn't make it. Me and Jim had a good time talking cars over breakfast. I still think it's a good idea and know others would enjoy it too.
With the hectic schedule coming up this week there is no plans to do it again until maybe July, so keep in it mind and if you have any ideas please let one of us know.
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 18:46:23 pm »

Sat June 5 ...Tom's 4477 La Palma Anaheim ..... sounds good guys, but I have a previous
commitment to the O.S. BMX God in Bellflower, I'll be with you all in spirit !!! Beer , Vodka, etc.
HAVE A GOOD TIME GUYS !!!!! and welcome any newcomers.......... Grin

you should have seen the old school BMX stuff / displays / bikes / ETC that they had se out at the Summer Nationals in Roseville (Sacramento) this past weekend.  Some were getting BIG $$$$$ for parts and frames

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 18:47:32 pm »

After the VW Classic, I'll be able to make these breakfast meets. Looking forward to it.

~Sarge
tuna

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 23:54:16 pm »

We will be getting together somewhere between Whittier and Riverside for breakfast & BS-ing (maybe some wrenching) on Saturday mornings so let me know if you might want to join us. Thanks Jim

You guys are doing what I've wanted to do for a long time: a breakfast event. I'm going to be following this thread for the next one, and hopefully by the next one I'll have one of my VWs ready to drive. Is it ok to bring out my EMPI Imp dune buggy? My '69 Cal-Looker is next on the "get running" list, but the Imp will be running soon. The Imp is definitely more Cal-Look than off-roader. Smiley

I'm in Fontana, so I'd definitely be interested in one in Riverside or somewhere closer to home.  -- Tuna

My VWs - http://tunacan.org/cars/
Type 4: Secrets Revealed - http://tunacan.net/t4/
EMPI Imp Homepage - http://tunacan.net/imp/
Tom's Type 4 Corner - http://tunacan.net/t4corner/
Cheesepanzer

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 01:38:19 am »

Neat looking buggy.  Let's see a "money shot" (engine view).   Grin

62 Beetle (street/strip build)
63 Type 2 Single Cab
Cornpanzers
61SNRF

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 02:16:06 am »

Glad you like the idea Tuna, I'm a morning guy so it suits me too. You're certainly welcome to bring the Imp, even encouraged to!
With the Classic coming up, and me working on the 19th, not sure when the next one is planned. The info will be put up here when a date and location is set. Jim mentioned that Chino Airport has a good diner onsite and often gets a crowd of gearheads on Saturdays, so that may come up as a spot close to you soon. Keep that in mind or let us know if you have a good location to suggest. Note that Hecker is paranoid about theft and has to be able to see his car when he's eating Roll Eyes, so picture windows overlooking the parking lot is a plus.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:08 am »

Note that Hecker is paranoid about theft and has to be able to see his car when he's eating Roll Eyes, so picture windows overlooking the parking lot is a plus.

Add me to that list, too. My Bug doesn't go anywhere unless I can see it. Having one stolen once is enough.

~Sarge
kingsburgphil

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 03:46:07 am »

Glad you like the idea Tuna, I'm a morning guy so it suits me too. You're certainly welcome to bring the Imp, even encouraged to!
With the Classic coming up, and me working on the 19th, not sure when the next one is planned. The info will be put up here when a date and location is set. Jim mentioned that Chino Airport has a good diner onsite and often gets a crowd of gearheads on Saturdays, so that may come up as a spot close to you soon. Keep that in mind or let us know if you have a good location to suggest. Note that Hecker is paranoid about theft and has to be able to see his car when he's eating Roll Eyes, so picture windows overlooking the parking lot is a plus.
I vote for the Chino Airport diner...try the biscuits and gravy (heart stopp'in good Cheesy). Besides whats not to like about the superb "Planes of Fame" air museum.
SO-CAL Speed Shop L.A.

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 04:02:39 am »

With the Classic and Father's Day Roadster Show coming up the next 2 weeks I want to make plans for the 26th at the Chino Airport if that sounds good- Let us know and we can work on getting a decent group and I can plan a fun spot to cruise to after for those interested. I have been a part of the Early Times New Years Cruise for the last 30 years and watched it grow from 6 cars to a couple hundred. That's a little too big, but fun to get out and see stuff with other car guys. Thanks Jim

tuna

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 05:09:27 am »

Neat looking buggy.  Let's see a "money shot" (engine view).   Grin

The engine is quite a mess at this time and it's basically a stock 40hp. '62 case 40hp, 019 distributor, Bocar 30PICT1, TriMil 1-3/8" header (with glasspack insert), stale air 40hp fan shroud, and an old CB Perf oil pump with in/out ports. I'll take some photos when I get the engine back in. Smiley

Hecker

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 18:46:17 pm »

"PARANOID" is a little harsh --- but I'm usually overly concerned !!
Flo's is a nice spot, maybe Sarge will join us & there will be 2 shiny cars.
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 19:33:44 pm »

"PARANOID" is a little harsh --- but I'm usually overly concerned !!
Flo's is a nice spot, maybe Sarge will join us & there will be 2 shiny cars.

2 Shiny Cars???  Sarges and What other Car??   LMAO  (did you Forget about Rattle Can Dan)?

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Sarge

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 19:34:58 pm »

Sharon and I are at Flo's most every Sunday morning.  We get there early though as it gets crowded quick.  Our other place that we like iis The Red Hill Cafe on Foothill at Grove in Rancho Cucamonga.  By far the best that we've run across in the Inland Empire but can be very crowded too... best to be there at 7:00 am on Saturdays(they open at 6:30 on Saturday and 7:30 on Sunday).  In the OC, don't forget about the Original House of Pancakes on Lincoln in Anaheim... THEE BEST!  They open at 6:00.

DKP III
tuna

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 23:45:55 pm »

Our other place that we like iis The Red Hill Cafe on Foothill at Grove in Rancho Cucamonga.  By far the best that we've run across in the Inland Empire but can be very crowded too... best to be there at 7:00 am on Saturdays(they open at 6:30 on Saturday and 7:30 on Sunday).

I enjoy the Red Hill Cafe in Fontana too. Great omelettes! I'd be up for doing a get together at the Rancho one. Smiley

Tuna

Rennsurfer

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 01:50:42 am »

Join us Mark--- it will be fun to have another "shiny" car......and anybody else, stay tuned for the place, or make your suggestion !!     Grin

Alright, I thought it best to contribute to the requests of suggesting possible breakfast venues. Since we're driving our VVs, how about a German eatery?

http://www.jagerhaus.net/

Jagerhaus is located in Anaheim and not too far for most people, I think.

Hours: Mon-Th 7am-9pm, Fri 7am-10pm,
Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-9pm

Open 7 days a week for
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!

2525 East Ball Road at 57 Fwy
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 520-9500

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:43 am »

Join us Mark--- it will be fun to have another "shiny" car......and anybody else, stay tuned for the place, or make your suggestion !!     Grin

Alright, I thought it best to contribute to the requests of suggesting possible breakfast venues. Since we're driving our VVs, how about a German eatery?

http://www.jagerhaus.net/

Jagerhaus is located in Anaheim and not too far for most people, I think.

Hours: Mon-Th 7am-9pm, Fri 7am-10pm,
Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-9pm

Open 7 days a week for
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!

2525 East Ball Road at 57 Fwy
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 520-9500

Dude... if you're going to the Jagerhaus, you might as well go to The Phoenix Club for the buffet. It's just on the other side of the 57. Ya can't get much more German than that.

Sue and I go there for breakfast when the Angels have a 12:35 Sunday game.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 06:37:39 am »

Dude... if you're going to the Jagerhaus, you might as well go to The Phoenix Club for the buffet. It's just on the other side of the 57. Ya can't get much more German than that.

That sounds great, Rick. Never heard of that place... we'll have to add that to a future venue, methinks.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 06:47:24 am »

That sounds great, Rick. Never heard of that place... we'll have to add that to a future venue, methinks.

Really? The Phoenix Club is social club for people of German descent. They used to own part of the land that was under the The Honda Center and sold or swapped it for a much larger piece a few miles away.

Come to think of it, they may only do the brunch on Sunday but they have a Restaurant that we could go to.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 07:10:56 am »

Really? The Phoenix Club is social club for people of German descent. They used to own part of the land that was under the The Honda Center and sold or swapped it for a much larger piece a few miles away.

Come to think of it, they may only do the brunch on Sunday but they have a Restaurant that we could go to.

Yeah, well I'm of German descent and not very social... I I guess that's why, Rick. Perhaps, one day, I shall exit my shell of shyness. But, yeah... let's fire up a trip to the Phoenix Club and ride this crazy torpedo. Because anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

(apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 16:53:22 pm »

Yeah, well I'm of German descent and not very social... I I guess that's why, Rick. Perhaps, one day, I shall exit my shell of shyness. But, yeah... let's fire up a trip to the Phoenix Club and ride this crazy torpedo. Because anything worth doing, is worth doing right.

(apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)

Sounds good!

Hecker

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2010, 15:25:43 pm »

Does anyone plan on this Sat the 19th?? I know Bruce is working,
but anybody want to plan a spot?? I think I can do breakfast!! Grin
61SNRF

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2010, 18:36:12 pm »

Heck,
I can meet before work at Norm's again, 7:00 am okay?
Rennsurfer

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 00:29:24 am »

Does anyone plan on this Sat the 19th?? I know Bruce is working,
but anybody want to plan a spot?? I think I can do breakfast!! Grin

If you guys are planning on this very early and somewhere close to me, I'll gladly join in. Otherwise, I'm having my older son's graduation party starting at noon. Have fun if I don't see y'all.

~Sarge
SO-CAL Speed Shop L.A.

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 07:43:51 am »

Oh, I feel so left out!  Undecided Be back with you guys next week, unless I'm in a Home Depot parking lot trying to scrounge up some work as a day laborer!  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: