The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 14:07:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Bugs for Breakfast 2.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bugs for Breakfast 2.0  (Read 29386 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 04:05:31 am »

Well hell!, Lets get a roll call on who's coming! The last breafast for 2010.  Grin

Ted

VW Classic 2012
61SNRF

Der Selten Kafers Charter Member

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 21:42:45 pm »

Of course I'll be there, unless there is water falling from the sky (don't want to say the "R" word).
Mark, you can see the street view of the facility and parking in Google maps. I tried to link it but it won't work, defaults back to Maps page.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 21:46:20 pm by 61SNRF » Logged
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 21:52:36 pm »

If ya know Whittier Blvd, It's between Santa Gertruduse and Scott, in Whittier. The left hand turn lane going west where Carls Jr. is, is what you take or turn in, go straight and you'll see Ruby's on right. Hope this kinda helps.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:19 am »

Thanks, Bruce... I'll check it out. Long as I have a visual on my car, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll bring one of my daily drivers.

(edit) Just went on Google Maps and was able to get great street views of Ruby's... looks like plenty of great parking spots where we can watch the cars. Long as the weather holds up, I'll bring the '67.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:34:02 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:50 am »

X2 on the weather.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Hecker

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 01:46:02 am »

Yeah, Hecker made it back from the Southern Caribbean !!!! I ' ll be there as long as its
dry when I get ready to go.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 21:41:19 pm »

Great seeing everyone, this morning. Even though we were late (for a good reason, though).

~Sarge
Hecker

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 23:03:35 pm »

Sorry I had to leave so quick guys, great to see everyone, next month poses a BIG problem,
its NEW YEARS DAY !!! So any suggestions Huh? Let's hear the solutions !!!!  Grin
Rennsurfer

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 01:56:50 am »

Sorry I had to leave so quick guys, great to see everyone, next month poses a BIG problem,
its NEW YEARS DAY !!! So any suggestions Huh? Let's hear the solutions !!!!  Grin

Problem might solved, thanks to D.K.K. Stay tuned!

~Sarge
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 04:26:08 am »

Hmmmm Sounds like........ "Big News".......... Roll Eyes

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Hecker

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 05:59:51 am »

" LAUGHTER " hEhe hE hE he He.... YEA "stay tuned" hEHe Wink Wink
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 06:16:56 am »

Had a blast, meeting new friends and talking to all. Good talking ta ya Mark, Bruce, Randy, Hecker(Mark), Jim, and all the rest, bad with names. Ruby's was cool, wish the weather was better though.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
low oval
DKK

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 09:55:12 am »

yeah, ssshhh, on the dkk thing. 
Ted, great talking about the old times at autocraft and the people that used to work there.
had fun meeting all of you guys, hadn't been to the whitwood mall in probably 25 years, man has that place changed. 
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
61SNRF

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 16:44:08 pm »

Thanks to Ernie, Alex, Randy and first timer Jim for bringing out their Ghia's, which  outnumbered Bugs by 4 to 3. Good to see Mark and his girl (sorry I don't remember her name Embarrassed), Ted, Ron and Kaferdog/Randy there too.
The event went off pretty well at Ruby's, and it should be considered for the next event. The cars were a dispersed a little in the parking lot, but we have ideas to work that out next time. Sorry no one took pictures, but with a cloudy sky it's probably just as well.
I have to say, once we got talking, it was hard to stop. It could have easily rolled right into Luftkafers for Lunch and Dubs for Dinner too if we had the time! It was 11:00 before I finally broke off and headed home.
Wish everyone well and look forward to getting together for breakfast again, whenever that may be.
I'll stay tuned!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 16:46:19 pm by 61SNRF » Logged
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 17:39:21 pm »

Hey Jim was great meeting you, seen you around, Nicks, the shows, but never met you, turned out to be a small world that we both were at Auto-Craft and knew pretty much the same people. We must talk again. Hey don't worry about the DKK thing, under my cap. Roll Eyes  Cool Bruce, WAS a good turn out, even being the weather. Ruby's got my vote hands down. Or maybe we can alternate with Norms sometimes. The parking, we can park where the other two Ghia's were, we sure can see our cars from Ruby's, no problem. This way we are all together, my 2cents. Mark, I totally agree in our conversation that the VW world IS a very close net people, I'm learning that even more since we been haveing these breakfast meets, thanks to Bruce. looking forward to the next one. Get more people to show, hey, and take over Ruby's, hahaha. Show those HOT RODDERS, that we are Hot Rods too!! See ya all tonight for DKP's Santa's Little Helper Cruz.  Grin

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 18:55:27 pm »

First off I'd like to thank Bruce for all is work in organizing the "Bugs for Breakfast" gathering  ..! It's great !!

Yeah I also enjoyed it ..!...It's great to finally put a face to the names on the Cal-look lounge and see the usual suspects ...! ....I think Ruby's was a great location plenty of parking and good menu ..! I also liked "Norm's Burgers" Too...I was disappointed I didn't get to take my car as I had thrashed on it the day before to get it ready for B&B and the Cruise, only to get shot down by a little "clip"....!!!.....anyway I look forward to the next one .....Soooo See ya next year !..... Wink
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 19:05:11 pm by Kaferdog » Logged

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
61SNRF

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 03:39:13 am »

Time for a bump again, first Saturday of the month is coming up this weekend.
Not sure what the feelings are about doing it this Saturday on New Years Day. It's also a busy weekend with the DKK cruise/DKP meeting on Sunday. I have no problem with it, but thought it would be better to take a poll.
If there is any doubt or hesitation, we could simply defer it to next week, Saturday Jan. 8th
Post your ideas and we'll go from there.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 07:56:05 am »

My vote would be for the next wwekend.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
61SNRF

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 21:50:16 pm »

Okay, I may have a special guest who would like to join us for breakfast. I would like to let him know ASAP when we will meet again.
All interested parties please check in and state which day you would prefer,
This coming Saturday, New Years day, or next Saturday the 8th?
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 21:54:38 pm »

Ok, the 8th is good.

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2010, 22:32:18 pm »

Special guest?  Shocked Roll Eyes Huh Can ya give us a hint??

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Rennsurfer

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 01:31:43 am »

Bruce, thanks for all that you do with these breakfast meets... they're pretty cool. I'm okay with the eighth, if that's where this is heading.

~Sarge
61SNRF

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2010, 04:06:11 am »

Special guest?  Shocked Roll Eyes Huh Can ya give us a hint??

Ted
Hint: Some call him "Crazy", but he is one of the nicest guy's you'll ever meet Wink
So the 8th it is at Ruby's Diner, Whittier, 8:30am.
I'll let him know the date will be moved this month and see if he can still make it.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2011, 08:24:59 am »

Hey Bruce, first, Happy New Year! 2nd, won't be making it on sunday for the cruz to the DKK event, something came up. Well see ya on the 8th!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Hecker

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2011, 03:06:38 am »

Hecker will be there for sure!!! Went to the D K K thing today & got wet...not too bad, I'll
be in Whittier next Sat the 8th at Ruby's --- invited some more people to join us, I hope they
will make the trip as well.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2011, 04:52:54 am »

I might not make it. My buddy Cameron is looking at a car for himself and I told him I would go with him to pick it up.

Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 05:04:38 am »

I will be there this sat for B&B...With my car WooooHooo !...got it running finally....! (Old motor not the new one & short axles) just cleaned it up a bit !...!!!

low oval
DKK

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 18:50:23 pm »

can't make this one, but def. will make it in feb.
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 03:43:07 am »

Thee D.K.K. boys will be there.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 04:00:03 am »

Tell ya what, lets have a head count, How is going??  Wink Grin DKK is coming, cool!

Ted  Cool

VW Classic 2012
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: