The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 13:09:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350798 Posts in 28593 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Don Emmons and '70's-'80's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Don Emmons and '70's-'80's  (Read 1156 times)
Gary Justus

« on: July 18, 2010, 00:28:25 am »

My magazine "rack" is  bowing, again... So,,,, to not have the avalanche that happened a few years ago I got out there and started organizing. I found some "old" crap (only two shelves worth), and looked at some of the the areas of the hobby that affected me then. Amazing! First off; Don Emmons was a monster! That guy busted his butt to put out a great magazine (VW CLASSICS). I remember being at Scooter's one nite, and he came up to my car and said "Would it be possible to shoot your car?"...I was shocked and (of course) said "SURE!". Some guy in an oval commented to me: "Your car's not a classic, it's a '72"... Anyway, the issue that my car was in was on a shelf that I was cleaning. I'd forgotten about it... BUT, then I ran across my two all-time favs...#1 June '76 HotVWs (sorry, it was pretty sweet)....and then the real substance for my beginning in the VW hotrod thing>>>March '79 HotVWs. Maybe if I'd had this car then,,,,???
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: