The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:37:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350885 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Nick's Fix
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nick's Fix  (Read 10234 times)
Sarge

« on: August 02, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »

Time for a little California sun, guys Wink  VERY cool seeing Gregg Bunch's car with it's new found FAT Performance horsepower up-grade and chrome rims! Cool

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 13:01:33 pm »

Once again, Beecher scores the cool stuff... in this case, some nice Australian tail light assemblies.  This car is all about subtle until the gas pedal hits the floor!

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 13:07:52 pm »

Black '67's and a '63 in the house...

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 13:16:40 pm »

cool report bro , any other picture of gregg's car

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Sarge

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 13:16:46 pm »

A few more shots...

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 13:19:22 pm »

cool report bro , any other picture of gregg's car

Thanks. bro... one more for you!

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 13:27:19 pm »

i remember having the homor ,to put the rear dkp stickers on the window of gregg's car

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 13:44:25 pm »

Gregg's car looked great, last night. Really like the wheels/caps.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 15:30:29 pm »

Love the exhaust tip on the black '67.

Done ? Not Yet.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 01:40:45 am »

Gregg's car has got me thinking about 60s style cars with modern power.  A great excuse to buy four Michelins in all the same size.   Cool

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 02:08:29 am »

What's the specs on the new lump? Bet it sounds good Cool

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Sarge

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 03:44:00 am »

Gregg's car has got me thinking about 60s style cars with modern power.  A great excuse to buy four Michelins in all the same size.   Cool

So, 145's all around, eh?? Roll Eyes Wink

What's the specs on the new lump? Bet it sounds good Cool

She's an 1835, Zach and it's louder then a freight train!  Gregg reported that cruising with the rest of the club members was the most fun he's had in a LONG time!  It's great to have him active again. Cool
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:35:06 am by Sarge » Logged

DKP III
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 03:50:11 am »

Gregg reported that cruising with the rest of the club members was the most fun he's had in a LONG time!  It's great to have him active again. Cool

THIS... is what Cal Look VWs should be all about.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 05:03:00 am »

Gregg reported that cruising with the rest of the club members was the most fun he's had in a LONG time!  It's great to have him active again. Cool

THIS... is what Cal Look VWs should be all about.

Boy I'll say!!!

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Fritter

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 18:00:27 pm »

Beecher and Bunch's cars are very tasty!  Great pics.

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
Randy Jewell

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 19:14:38 pm »

Once again, Beecher scores the cool stuff... in this case, some nice Australian tail light assemblies.  This car is all about subtle until the gas pedal hits the floor!
Steve's car is bitchin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

javabug

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 00:39:54 am »

So, 145's all around, eh?? Roll Eyes Wink

smartypants   Roll Eyes

Cheesy

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 00:47:54 am »

I have been thinking same way for long time. How cool to have the funky innocuous look of a very early "DKP" car, like Greg's, but with reliable big HP of this era. If I had the resources/space/time I tell ya, I'd be building a '67 much in this guise. Stock height, ET mags, Blue Streaks, full trim, bumpers, wood knobs, etc, with 215hp.
javabug

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 13:58:26 pm »

There's only two times this idea has stuck in my head.  Once is now after seeing Gregg's car above, obviously, and http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,7155.0.html

I think Gregg got it really right on his car with the wheel/tire choice and going for the old glasspack on the rear.  Imagine adapting that look to a modern A1 Sidewinder to keep the noise reasonable.

I have a neighbor with an Anthracite 64 with recent paint and fresh interior.  He refuses to finish the damn thing—if only I had the capital for a hostile takeover. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Fritter

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 16:40:51 pm »

Is Gregg running 145 and 165 xzx's?

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
T.Fabs

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 17:30:18 pm »

Thanks for the cool pics Sarge! I think we all had a very good time at the cruise night!

Proud Member of the Der Kleiner Panzers.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 19:45:42 pm »

That's some great cars  Cool

GBUNCH

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 16:44:34 pm »

HEY GUYS!
IT'S BUNCH....
NICE TO BE BACK IN THE FOLD.
NONE OF THIS WAS PLANNED BUT HANGING AROUND DKP FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS
WAS CONTAGIOUS.  LUCKY TO FIND A SWEET 64 IN PHOENIX WHILE HELPING RON AND MIKE AT THE RACES.
FRONT TIRES ARE MICHELIN 145 15 XZX, REARS ARE 185 70 15 VREDESTEIN, COULDN'T FIND 9" BLUESTREAKS.
A-1 PERFORMANCE MUFFLER BY TIGER WAS ON THE ORIGINAL 40 HP MOTOR, NOW THAT I HAVE THE 1835 DONE BY RON I NEED TO DO SOMETHING.  IT IS A BIT LOUD, ALTHOUGH I LIKE IT. PLANNING ON ADDING 2" TO THE MUFFLER TO SEE IF I CAN TONE IT DOWN.
HAD A GREAT TIME WITH THE CLUB AT THE JAMBOREE LAST SUNDAY. THEY EVEN ASKED JOHN LAZENBY AND MYSELF LEAD THE PACK FROM KNOWLWOODS TO THE PARK.  THAT BROUGHT BACK SOME MEMORIES FROM THE 60'S.
TH...TH...TH.. THAT'S ALL FOLKS
GB DKPI 1966
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 17:02:33 pm »

Cool car Gregg!! A real "blast from the past".. dig the look.

johnl

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 19:43:42 pm »

HEY GUYS!
IT'S BUNCH....
WAS CONTAGIOUS.  LUCKY TO FIND A SWEET 64 IN PHOENIX WHILE HELPING RON AND MIKE AT THE RACES.
FRONT TIRES ARE MICHELIN 145 15 XZX, REARS ARE 185 70 15 VREDESTEIN, COULDN'T FIND 9" BLUESTREAKS.
A-1 PERFORMANCE MUFFLER BY TIGER WAS ON THE ORIGINAL 40 HP MOTOR, NOW THAT I HAVE THE 1835 DONE BY RON I NEED TO DO SOMETHING.  IT IS A BIT LOUD, ALTHOUGH I LIKE IT. PLANNING ON ADDING 2" TO THE MUFFLER TO SEE IF I CAN TONE IT DOWN.
HAD A GREAT TIME WITH THE CLUB AT THE JAMBOREE LAST SUNDAY. THEY EVEN ASKED JOHN LAZENBY AND MYSELF LEAD THE PACK FROM KNOWLWOODS TO THE PARK.  THAT BROUGHT BACK SOME MEMORIES FROM THE 60'S.
GB DKPI 1966
I ditto what Gregg states about having the SENIORS lead the group in.  Needless to say we were both quite honored by this request.  I arrived at Gregg's house at 6:45am feeling really bad, but thanks to all of the guys and especially Gregg I left feeling good.  I had done some work on our '63 and had Greg Brinton deal with a clutch problem in our '63 earlier in the week.  The car ran great and I even took Christie to dinner in it Sunday evening.

One last think thing, Mr. Bunch is not SHOUTING, it is just no one has shown him where the"shift" key is and how to use it.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 22:19:47 pm »

HEY GUYS!
IT'S BUNCH....
WAS CONTAGIOUS.  LUCKY TO FIND A SWEET 64 IN PHOENIX WHILE HELPING RON AND MIKE AT THE RACES.
A-1 PERFORMANCE MUFFLER BY TIGER WAS ON THE ORIGINAL 40 HP MOTOR, NOW THAT I HAVE THE 1835 DONE BY RON I NEED TO DO SOMETHING.  IT IS A BIT LOUD, ALTHOUGH I LIKE IT. PLANNING ON ADDING 2" TO THE MUFFLER TO SEE IF I CAN TONE IT DOWN.
HAD A GREAT TIME WITH THE CLUB AT THE JAMBOREE LAST SUNDAY. THEY EVEN ASKED JOHN LAZENBY AND MYSELF LEAD THE PACK FROM KNOWLWOODS TO THE PARK.  THAT BROUGHT BACK SOME MEMORIES FROM THE 60'S.
GB DKPI 1966
I ditto what Gregg states about having the SENIORS lead the group in.  Needless to say we were both quite honored by this request.  I arrived at Gregg's house at 6:45am feeling really bad, but thanks to all of the guys and especially Gregg I left feeling good.  I had done some work on our '63 and had Greg Brinton deal with a clutch problem in our '63 earlier in the week.  The car ran great and I even took Christie to dinner in it Sunday evening.

One last think thing, Mr. Bunch is not SHOUTING, it is just no one has shown him where the"shift" key is and how to use it.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Gregg, I say make it louder hahahaha  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

John/Gregg as I said when we got into the venue, it was an honor to follow the both of you.......... Great times and good laughs
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 17:38:34 pm by Carlos De Alba » Logged

Der Kleiner Panzers
IP359

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 22:27:37 pm »

HEY GUYS!
IT'S BUNCH....
GB DKPI 1966
WELCOME ABOARD GREGG !
Happy to see you there and too see you again after the wonderful week that we lived in CA in june.
Please say hi to Pam for us.
Take care,
Franck&Valérie

johnl

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 23:09:52 pm »

HEY GUYS!
IT'S BUNCH....
GB DKPI 1966
I ditto what Gregg states about having the SENIORS lead the group in.  Needless to say we were both quite honored by this request.  I arrived at Gregg's house at 6:45am feeling really bad, but thanks to all of the guys and especially Gregg I left feeling good.  I had done some work on our '63 and had Greg Brinton deal with a clutch problem in our '63 earlier in the week.  The car ran great and I even took Christie to dinner in it Sunday evening.

One last think thing, Mr. Bunch is not SHOUTING, it is just no one has shown him where the"shift" key is and how to use it.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Gregg, I say make it louder hahahaha  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

John/Gregg as I said when we got into the venue, it was an honor to follow the both of you.......... Great times and good laugh not to mention hotties in bikinis walking around.........  Grin  Cheesy 

Carlos, please don't refer to Gregg and myself as HOTTIES when we wear our bikinis. Shocked Cry

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 00:49:35 am »

OH BROTHER................

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
empioval57

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 04:43:55 am »

I wish we had that kind of a scene here in Texas.  Maybe some day!  Awsome pics.  Thanks!

Empioval
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: