The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 16:07:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  VW Cruise in Red Rock Canyon through the Mojave Desert
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VW Cruise in Red Rock Canyon through the Mojave Desert  (Read 2984 times)
quickkafer

German-Pride.com

« on: March 14, 2007, 16:57:34 pm »

Last Sunday a group of us Las Vegans took our VW's out for a spin in Red Rock Canyon.  It was a blast!  Click on the picture above for a whole slew of pictures from the Mojave Desert.  The weather was beautiful with temps in the upper 80's and a ton of sun!  Grin

Thanks to Tom Carsten from the German Steel VW Club for organizing this event!

Enjoy the pictures!

Scott Faivre

Chuck Fryer

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 17:59:15 pm »

We took a drive through there last October during our visit for the Vegas bug in. There are some great views to be had for sure! I wanted soooo bad to be in my bug driving around there. You have some cools shots there. I even had a burro stick his head in the rental car.
quickkafer

German-Pride.com

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 19:35:53 pm »

Thanks Chuck!  I've lived here almost 6 years now and that was the first time I had gone there in a VW.  I don't know what I was thinking?  Grin

As for the Burros, I've never had any become that friendly with me, but they are solid animals.  I think I made the comment on one of those photos that a burro would probably do some serious damage at 60 MPH!  Luckily, they steered clear of us that day. Grin  I wacked a deer in an Astro van a few years back when I lived in NY, and it wasn't pretty!

The weather was perfect though!  A slight breeze, not the normal Vegas winter winds that can be a royal pain in the EYES with the dust.  All in all, a VERY enjoyable time!

Scott Faivre

ESH

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 19:51:13 pm »

Looks like an awesome drive, you must get bored of the lack of rain though?  Grin
quickkafer

German-Pride.com

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 20:59:53 pm »

Actually watching Lake Mead drop 70 feet is quite shocking!!!   Cry

(That's from the population explosion and lack of snowfall in the Colorado Rocky Mountians.)

Other than that, I LOVE IT!!!  Grin

Scott Faivre

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: