The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 18:53:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Old Stickers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Old Stickers  (Read 18718 times)
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 09:08:53 am »

Used to have t-shirt with that logo on it.
I have these two – were there any other colours?

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:40 am »

Ok...I just found another sticker "The Deeks" are familiar with....!...Not sure what year it was ....?

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 14:35:24 pm »

Ok...I just found another sticker "The Deeks" are familiar with....!...Not sure what year it was ....?

Ah, yes! Our very own Marc & Vince Ito were responsible for those. Marc's shop and Vince did the art werke on the stickers. Always wanted a t-shirt like that. I still have one or two of those unused stickers. That's a nice find, Randy!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
beatnik beetle

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 15:38:51 pm »

I might have to dig out some of mine now...loving the Meguiars sticker ( I thought you chaps called em decals Wink always wanted to put the Meguiars one's like that on customers cars - so if anyone has a spare or finds one - I'm your man..as anyone who has visited Planet Paintbox knows - everything is covered in em...I have loads of old Grant steering wheel ones if people wanna do swaps..

Nice thread..Si
deano

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 17:15:12 pm »

I think the sand dragster on Lonnie's sticker was known as the "Hair Drier"'.

Phil, I do not think Lonnie was into turbos that early on. Most VW sand dragsters used dual IDAs during that time, as A/Fuel was a little exotic during the early late '70s for most VW guys (except Kawell and Longergot of course!). I believe the dragster shown in the logo was actually owned by Sand Tires Unlimited's (late) Dave Beckett. But the graphics shown were a Lane Evans addition.

Keith, those shirts were most Penny Towncraft T-shirts, or perhaps early Anvil. There was most likely a pale yellow or buff color one as well. 

Speaking of the Meguiar's sticker, I met one of the founding family at a custom car show in Anaheim with my old '67, and he helped me wax my car so it would look better under the show lights. From that point on, I was a big Meguiar fan!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 17:18:41 pm by deano » Logged

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 17:33:02 pm »

Ah, yes! Our very own Marc & Vince Ito were responsible for those. Marc's shop and Vince did the art werke on the stickers. Always wanted a t-shirt like that. I still have one or two of those unused stickers. That's a nice find, Randy!
Yeah I got that sticker from Vince years ago..It's been in a box every since then..!!
I think the sand dragster on Lonnie's sticker was known as the "Hair Drier"'.

Phil, I do not think Lonnie was into turbos that early on. Most VW sand dragsters used dual IDAs during that time, as A/Fuel was a little exotic during the early late '70s for most VW guys (except Kawell and Longergot of course!). I believe the dragster shown in the logo was actually owned by Sand Tires Unlimited's (late) Dave Beckett. But the graphics shown were a Lane Evans addition.
Deano ...Do you think that maybe Phil might be refering to "NO-DOZ" dragster...? I remember the first time I saw it at O.C. on it's first run the hair on my arms stood on end ...!!.... Shocked

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 18:05:39 pm »

Used to have t-shirt with that logo on it.
I have these two – were there any other colours?

I had the beige one... don't know if there were other colors.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 18:06:55 pm »

I wonder what ever happend to Mike Martinez's black chop top...HuhHuh
Went to Japan, engine blown up, sits in collection… usual story.

isn't owned by that guy "teddy Bear"  Undecided Smiley
The flamed chop belonged to Als son danny. Was working there when they added the flames.

Grin Grin Grin

it's akira ueno aka BEE HAUS

i know he have the larry shaw car and this one look the martinez one with a flaming ??keith?

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 18:25:45 pm »

I thought you chaps called em decals

Decals at least over here implies that they are water transfer whereas stickers are self adhesive.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 18:36:49 pm »

I wonder what ever happend to Mike Martinez's black chop top...HuhHuh
Went to Japan, engine blown up, sits in collection… usual story.

isn't owned by that guy "teddy Bear"  Undecided Smiley
The flamed chop belonged to Als son danny. Was working there when they added the flames.

Grin Grin Grin
it's akira ueno aka BEE HAUS

i know he have the larry shaw car and this one look the martinez one with a flaming ??keith?
thus, how many siimilar black choptop have they built???
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 18:39:30 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Eddie DVK

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 20:29:49 pm »

Don t think they are that old(copies of old) but this is how my fridge used to look like for ten years until it broke.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 20:37:03 pm by Eddie » Logged

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
kingsburgphil

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:00 am »

Yeah I got that sticker from Vince years ago..It's been in a box every since then..!!
I think the sand dragster on Lonnie's sticker was known as the "Hair Drier"' (spelling?)

Deano ...Do you think that maybe Phil might be refering to "NO-DOZ" dragster...? I remember the first time I saw it at O.C. on it's first run the hair on my arms stood on end ...!!.... Shocked
I think Deano's probably right, the sand dragster that I recall didn't use forward body work. I was helping Lonnie thrash on it the night before a Bug-In. The thing that stands out in my memory was the frail chassis...scary frail for a car not designed to run the 1/4 mile.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: