The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:41:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  UK----PA Cal-look connection!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UK----PA Cal-look connection!  (Read 4524 times)
Mike Maize

« on: November 21, 2010, 23:49:51 pm »

Just thought I would take a minute and say how lucky I am to have such a great VW scene in the middle of rural PA USA. Rob from Prowagen happened to be visiting a friend an hour east of here. We made plans for him to visit and I called a few friends last minute to come down. We ended up having a nice 7 hot vw cruise to my buddies farm/barn filled with our VW treasures and then back to my town for a sample of our local Brew Pub. It was great to meet Rob and his American friend, he was all smiles driving my 67 through the PA country side. I think he thought the rev limiter was set at 5 grand though Roll Eyes I am anxious to hear his impressions of the night...Pictures to come!
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 00:17:58 am »

PA, UK, Cal-look?  None of that stuff goes together.  I don't get it.   Huh

Mike H.

Sven was right.
javabug

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 00:19:17 am »

These are the only pics I have.  Saw lots of other stuff being taken, though.  Maize, get on that!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 02:28:20 am »

those rear light are a little bit to low  Roll Eyes

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Mike Maize

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 02:58:51 am »

He is on it Fabian, he has a set of German fenders ready for paint. Wink
javabug

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 03:22:29 am »

I like the lights out of place on that car.  It fakes the bobbed rear fenders/apron look.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 08:30:33 am »

looks like you all have lot's of fun ,and that's what Cal look is al about  Smiley
Thanks to share, it's great for us, Euro boy's, to see real life pics of where you lives  Cheesy
vwcab

peter

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 20:47:56 pm »

Seemed like a nice get together.Are there more pics from that convertible?

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Mike Maize

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 02:57:04 am »

He doesn't have many pictures of it Roll Eyes
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 06:58:22 am »

Love the old house setting. Very cool.  Great location for some country road cruises.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 14:18:55 pm »

Nice pics, got more pics/infos about the blue late model on Rivieras ?

Prowagen

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 17:16:29 pm »

Hi Guys, sorry it’s taken me a while to get online and get the pictures up from the other day.

Firstly I must Thank Mike Maize and Mike Hauer(JavaBug) for sorting this out impromptu get together. I thought there was no way there were going to be any VW’s out in the sticks of Pennsylvania, never mind HiPo Hot VW’s!!!
Our time was a little short as we had to get picked up by some Friends for an Early Start on Sunday for the Jets Football game. But none the less Mike and the guys made us feel very welcome and laid on a good spectacle! Thanks go out to John for letting me crawl round his impressive land with many hidden treasures! I just hope I can go back to see that 2387cc beast go into the 58 (If my memory is correct). there was a Split bug Shell which was in mint condition having been worked on and when that comes together with a pan it will be so sweet. It was a little hard to get photos of the stuff hidden away in barns, but I can tell you it was like an Aladdin’s cave of cool and rare parts!

Mike I hope that someday I can persuade you to get the convertible out for some exercise when I am there and the weather is better Smiley

Cruising back from the farm was ace! Mike kindly let me drive his no nonsense bad ass 67 and yeah I was a little soft on it, I thought that having only met Mike an hour earlier he would not be so happy if some Brit broke his car  Roll Eyes the bug is setup so nice, the throttle is real sharp and it’s the first car I have driven with the 3rd progression hole mod on the IDA’s, which is a massive improvement over the unmodified IDA’s. Mike, now I know how laid back and accommodating you are next time I won’t be such a wimp Wink perhaps I can even twist your arm to let me take it up Numidia strip! 

After the meet we headed for a beer in Danville, the town is lovely, reminded me of home with its smaller streets and old architecture. The bar we went to was great, warm relaxed and the Pumpkin beer was delicious.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all the guys for making me feel so welcome, next time I am around your way with a bit more planning I hope we can do something again and catch up. Meeting up with the guy’s makes you realise how lucky we are, our scene is amazing and everyone I met on Saturday are a real asset to us all  Smiley

There are more pictures here on our Facebook page:
Prowagen Facebook Album

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 17:21:17 pm by Prowagen » Logged
Mike Maize

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 00:58:04 am »

Rob, I am very glad you enjoyed your time here with us. we all had a great time as well, we talked about it all week. When you are back in town you HAVE TO drive the 67 down the track. I realized this week how well you did shifting "right handed" Wink Thanks for all of the photo's
javabug

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 02:51:07 am »

Thanks for the great pics Rob.  I have been looking at this one for most of the day now, and laughing to myself.  When we left Maize's house and cruised straight thru the middle of town all I could think about was how insanely conspicuous five noisy, low VW sedans were to the locals.  It is just doesn't happen in our region. 

This picture brings back that feeling.  I love it!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Prowagen

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 17:23:28 pm »

When we left Maize's house and cruised straight thru the middle of town all I could think about was how insanely conspicuous five noisy, low VW sedans were to the locals.  It is just doesn't happen in our region. 

I loved when we were in that bar and the kid that worked there came out "Hey are they a bunch of Porsche's out back there?"
Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: