The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 15:37:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Chroming Flat Four lugs nuts...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chroming Flat Four lugs nuts...?  (Read 7000 times)
Kaferdog
DKK

« on: February 01, 2011, 09:22:57 am »

Guys looking for info on my lug nuts ...The chrome is coming off on my flat four lug nuts ...Question is Should I rechrome them ..? or just buy new ones and wait for them to peel also...? If I do rechrome them were in So Cal would do a good job..?.... Huh

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
fredy66

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:28:29 pm »

i send them back and ask them WTF this is Flat Four we are tacking a bout not some crappy EMPI .

arabia slugs
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 18:33:37 pm »

If you deside to rechrome, ABC in reno nevada just did some parts that I am very pleased with. Two things hard to find- Chrome,autobody and paint guys! Something that looks good, is to strip chrome and beadblast then have them flash plated in nickle, Looks like stainless !

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 18:37:42 pm »

If you deside to rechrome, ABC in reno nevada just did some parts that I am very pleased with. Two things hard to find- Chrome,autobody and paint guys! Something that looks good, is to strip chrome and beadblast then have them flash plated in nickle, Looks like stainless !
Thanks Danny ...I never thought of that ...! Nickle might be a good Idea...But will all chrome peel off again or is it just a low quality chrome job ..?

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 19:14:19 pm »

Was there copper under chrome? From what I hear copper is like a primer, it fills and helps with adhesion

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
NAO

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 03:04:16 am »

Kaferdog....PM sent.
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 03:58:46 am »

Was there copper under chrome? From what I hear copper is like a primer, it fills and helps with adhesion
Danny ....it doesn't look like there was any copper under the chrome...? I will post a pic later tonite

edcraig

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:13:10 am »

Gil's Long Beach Plating in Long Beach, CA | 1555 W Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:50 am »

Gil's Long Beach Plating in Long Beach, CA | 1555 W Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA

You beat me to it, Ed... good call on that shop. I work around the corner from them. They've done good work for a few of my friends' projects and they've provided excellent service for when I need VW parts acid bathed.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:23 am »

Good info. here!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 08:28:52 am »

Heres a pic.......Ed or mark...Any guess on a price for the lug nuts...?

Rennsurfer

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 08:35:13 am »

Heres a pic.......Ed or mark...Any guess on a price for the lug nuts...?

If my friend's dad still works there, I can get you a better than average price. Tomorrow, I'll go over and see who's in the shop. I drove my company truck past it the other day, coming back from lunch and the place looked closed. Which is not a good sign in the middle of a non-holiday week.

~Sarge
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 08:43:01 am »

Wow  ...! I hate to hear of good shops closing..I hope it's not true.!!..Thanks Mark I appreciate your help ...I just got another pm from NAO @ Flat four he sent me the info on where I possibly could fix my problem also ...I am very impressed he spoke up he could have not said a thing...! it's good to hear some speak up on these issues..!

Thanks Nao...  Wink...heres the link in case anyone might be looking for lug nuts for any wheels    http://www.cwausa.com/

Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:17 am »

Shocked Man-o-Man...have just looked over that web site ..!!! Looks like they have a lot of cool stuff !!.. I love it !

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:34 am »

Hey! I like those SPOKE wheels, would good on a Cal-Look bug!! Screw the Alloys! LOL!!! All kidding aside, thats a cool site for lugs!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 09:02:01 am »

Yeah I was looking at the "Splines" lugs too !..Very cool... ! Also they Have the caps for my eight spoke too !...I'm gonna get another set  !

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 19:07:34 pm »

yes, unfortunately " Gil's Long Beach Plating in Long Beach " is closed... sad story... dam the rules & regulations... their is Artistic Plating in Signal Hill... great work but pricey $$$ you get what you pay for...

Anthony / ISP WEST
edcraig

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 21:35:02 pm »

I called Gils this morning and confirm the same.  Closed!  OC plating might be able to do it too, but I believe their minimun is about $100.00.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 06:46:43 am »

Yeah, Randy... sorry for the bad news about Gil's. Artistic has been around for years, but they're not cheap.

~Sarge
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:14 am »

Hey Thanks guys....Much appreciated..I will check into Artistic Plating & O.C. Plating....!...guess I'll see you guys sat.@ Rubys....Thanks

Speed-Randy

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 23:09:06 pm »

Hey Randy, La Habra plating is right around the corner from you, they did an outstanding job on the ghia bumpers for a lot less than any of the shops I called. and fairly quick as well

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 05:50:13 am »

Is that the place on Cypress between Lambert and Imperial Hwy??

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 09:38:33 am »

Hey Randy, La Habra plating is right around the corner from you, they did an outstanding job on the ghia bumpers for a lot less than any of the shops I called. and fairly quick as well

Sounds good to me ..Thanks ....! Where is their location...?

Speed-Randy

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 01:57:12 am »

on cypress between lambert and imperial, like Ted said, it's a blue and yellow building, no sign, right next to a fence place.  Nice guys and dont lose anything either. If you want some more for extras I probably have a set laying around
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:59:17 am by vdubdweeb » Logged

Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 02:40:13 am »

Hey Randy thanks...!...yeah I'm intreseted in the lug nuts , can you bring them to B&B if your going..?...Thanks

Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 21:40:35 pm »

Hey Randy thanks...!...yeah I'm intreseted in the lug nuts , can you bring them to B&B if your going..?...Thanks
Randy ...I wanna say thanks for the deal on the lug nuts ...I will put them to good use ..!..Thanks again

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: