The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 20:00:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Removing shifter T-Handle?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Removing shifter T-Handle?  (Read 1468 times)
plasticblack

« on: January 11, 2011, 17:14:29 pm »

Can anyone tell he how I remove the T-Handle from my lock-out shifter properly.  Roll Eyes

I've removed  the two allan key screws and want to make sure i don't have the whole thing fall apart on me as I remove the handle.  Undecided

It does seem to want to slide off easily and i suppose there is a rod or cable to consider inside...

Any advice welcomed!
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 17:55:52 pm »

There is a pin at the bottom of the shifter, so what you do is first is push the button in on the handle, when doing that, the pin will go up. Second, when doing that, you hold the pin up with your hand, it is spring loaded. Third, when holding the pin up, that would make the button lose, just kinda turn a little and pull the button off completely. Now the handle will come off. Putting it back on, put the handle back on of course first, then push back up the pin at the bottom of the shifter, while holding the pin up, you'll be able to hook the button back in. Release the pin, try the button, it should work. Then just tighten the handle where you want it and your done. When you take it apart, you will see how it works, it's kinda of easy once you see. Hope the is helps. I use to work at Bergs. Plus I've have changed handles a few time on my own Berg shifter. OH! When taking it apart, it WON'T fall apart, so don't worry about that. Any question, let me know.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
volksnut

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 22:37:07 pm »

oh that's good to know....thanks Ted
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: