The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:54:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  M&H Dot, your set up for fast 60ft/t
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: M&H Dot, your set up for fast 60ft/t  (Read 2361 times)
richarzzz

« on: April 03, 2007, 09:51:24 am »

hello, i'm using this upcoming seasan the M&H Dot tires (215/65/15) for the first time.
could anybody tell me, which set up (pressure, burnout, building grip) is the best on track with mild traction and high tracktion.

thanks a lot

jens

if it's tits or tires, it's gone be trouble
Alan Uyeno

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 06:01:17 am »

I'd suggest using higher pressures initially.  This will let the tires slip a tad so you get use to the traction.  I cannot comment on the DOT M&H's but with the slicks guys have personal preferences. I'll use 17psi with my M&H's slicks and vary psi depending if the track is prepped well or not. My 60fts typically are in the 1.55-1.57 but with the black magic disc I had the most inconistant 60fts I've ever had and worst of all I bent 3 syncros!!!! With my Ace copperhead clutch disc I was very consistant withi my stage 2 disc.

Just remember that with slicks and DOT's you must launch at higher rpms or you'll bogg badly at the line.

No one can tell you what psi to use because every car will react differently. Chassis tuning is different from 1 car to another. From different shocks up front, rear to what size torsion bars. Last year I got bigger wheelies in my street car but the worst ET's and 60fts. I replaced my white KYB's to stock rear shocks and my car reacted completely different.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: