The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 16:45:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  The first crusing this year...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The first crusing this year...  (Read 6640 times)
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« on: May 03, 2006, 22:36:28 pm »

For me anyway, buring rubber in my friend AlphaC's 1915cc -66

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 14:18:19 pm »

Cruising is fun! That's why we met for a small informal cruise night yesterday, called the Mittelland Cruise In (not because it's in the middle of nowhere but in central Switzerland). More pics are on the luftkraft website.

we even had a guest from Germany, thank you Georg/DFL for coming!

jose delorto's new oval

the black Ghia, now with black-polished wheels

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
Olaf A./DFL

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 15:17:42 pm »

wow-the swiss cars are awesome! especially that oval on ansen wheels! great car! - congrats paolo!

ESH

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 23:31:21 pm »

That Oval is sweet! Do you know anything about it? A while back I had just bought my '63 and I passed up a Polar Silver '57 that I'd had first refusal on for something like five years!  It was a totally stock super detail restoration (£6000 to get carpet made etc etc), it was crying out for the treatment and the guy that had the resto done said as much too. The numberplate prefix was MFO which I liked too.
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 08:47:35 am »

Hey Mat, that oval is a long story, but we should let Paolo aka jose delorto tell it  Smiley But here are some engine specs:
type 1, 2.0 litre, 150hp, 044 heads by Udo Becker,  40 x 35.5 valves, Pauter cam, CR 10,5:1, Weber 48IDFs, 009, 1 5/8 Berg header, A1 muffler. And you should know that this car was said to stay stock condition til the end of its days. At least that was Paolo's intention before he attended DAS drag day II...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:57:49 pm by Luftkraft » Logged

...because stock sucks.
ESH

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:51:45 pm »

And you should know that this car was said to stay stock condition til the end of its days. At least that was Paolo's intention before he attended DAS drag day II...

Shocked The VW world could do without shows like that, the vintage world at any rate Grin

Like the spec, must be a great car to drive. Cheers for the info Mark, maybe I'll get to take a look at it sometime.  Smiley

jose del orto

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 13:44:24 pm »

Shortly after having joined Gezuvor with my stock lowered Ghia with Sprintstars 3 years ago I saw an ad online saying "VW Split, Year 1955, unrestored, original 16000km (10000 miles)", Price X. It wasn't so far away from my town, but at that time I had no money so I forgot it immediately. I thought that a guy writing VW split 1955 (what is it: oval, or pre 1953?) never could have guaranteed for such a low mileage....
In the evening I called marc (luftkraft), and immediately told him about that ad. It was then obvious that we had to go by and take a look at the car. After a good search which lasted almost until sunset we found a used car dealer, and between BMW's, Japs, VW and Audis we noticed a familiar silhouette: you guess? There weren't any split window bugs, "only" an amazing oval window. It looked so new, that the mileage just had to be true... so the morning afterI called the dealer and after another interested guy hadn't shown up (what a luck!) I could buy the car. Fortunately my brother could help me paying it (I am still paying him back even if it wasn't a huge amount...)

And now the history: this oval window beetle was bought new in the southern part of Switzerland by an older woman (born in 1901) which probably drove around only on summer sundays or so, in the eighties it was sold to the second owner who stored it as an already rare low mileage "youngtimer" until 2003. The Pallas diagonal tires sitting on the car where still the ones fitted when the car was new!! (Don't worry, I didn't throw them away..)

It was obvious for me to keep the car as original as I had bought it... and then I drove to Bitburg, to SPA, and couldn't resist anymore! When Marcel (Hofstetter Tuning) told me about a 2 Liter Engine he was willing to sell, I knew what to do! So the whole mechanic (with about 20000 original Km on it) was stored away, a Rancho gearbox with a narrowed beam and a couple of other interesting items were added and thanks to the precious job of Marcel and the style-advisor (Marc) I am driving "in its purest form" since 3 days!

Oh, I forgot: if anybody knows of some CSP Disk brakes, I think time has come to improve the braking system...
ESH

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 23:28:28 pm »

It was obvious for me to keep the car as original as I had bought it... and then I drove to Bitburg, to SPA, and couldn't resist anymore!

Well, it's mostly original.  Grin
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 09:58:28 am »

Well, it's mostly original.  Grin

ouch, not anymore, it's lost its bumpers!  Grin

...because stock sucks.
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 21:20:54 pm »

First outing this year for me today... New front beam and sky high idle rpm, still some things to sort out....... Cry
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 00:20:34 am »

Hey Rune cool ride by the way - are those Cal Part mags? if so is that the Origianal gold?

Also I've been cruzin the Manx all day - the sun was shining and the metalflake looked amazing  Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 11:45:56 am »

They are Crestline's. The gold paint is my own mix. When I got the wheels three of them were black and the last one was partly polished..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: