The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:18:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Need some info regarding a old Nitrous Oxide System
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need some info regarding a old Nitrous Oxide System  (Read 4530 times)
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« on: April 06, 2007, 18:11:47 pm »

Hi Loungers..
I need some information.A few days ago I bought a old nitrous oxide system,it's over 20 years old but never used.It was intended to be used on a beetle,but has been stored in a barn ever since.It's stamped 05080 and says Super Power Shot on the solenoide's.What's the capacity,do I have to drill the nozzles..?Maybe some of you have a old system like this,or have used one in the past?Any information would be mutch appreciated.

Kind regards.
Stian

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 19:02:11 pm »

Part #05080 is described in my 1991 NOS catalogue as a fogger system for VW/Porsche 4-cylinder applications. Yours is the earlier pre-fogger system like the one I had on my Fastback back in 1988. The solenoids are good to flow fuel and nitrous up to 250hp, so more than enough on a street VW. The one thing I would do is to change from the existing non-fogger type nozzles/jets to the later fogger nozzles. You won't need to change anything else. If the price was right, it's a good system to start your journey over to the dark side... Cool

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Rabben

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 20:38:10 pm »

It's too old for you to use Tekken. But I can help you get rid of it for a cheep price  Roll Eyes

Rabben

T1 1967 Cal-look project
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 21:30:18 pm »

Stian, if you have searched www you would have found out that your 20 year old set is still available... I think todays part id is 05081. Not as old of course and probably not as cool but a lot more useful. Use the hoses, jets,solenoids and put the old stickers on the window. Buy new nozzles and a bottle and you would have done a better deal if you bought a new seat from the net..

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 01:47:18 am »

Stian, if you have searched www you would have found out that your 20 year old set is still available... I think todays part id is 05081. Not as old of course and probably not as cool but a lot more useful. Use the hoses, jets,solenoids and put the old stickers on the window. Buy new nozzles and a bottle and you would have done a better deal if you bought a new seat from the net..

Okay Beetlebug-VW Open is'nt far away,hope you have your car and a trailer ready..........

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:26:16 am »

Okay Beetlebug-VW Open is'nt far away,hope you have your car and a trailer ready..........
Cool only thing ready today is my gearbox - how is your gearbox btw?

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 12:29:39 pm »

it's a good system to start your journey over to the dark side... Cool

Hey Keith,

If going Nitrous is joining the Dark Side, I guess you can call me Darth Vader then... Wink Grin Grin Grin

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 12:33:35 pm »

Hi Loungers..
I need some information.A few days ago I bought a old nitrous oxide system,it's over 20 years old but never used.It was intended to be used on a beetle,but has been stored in a barn ever since.It's stamped 05080 and says Super Power Shot on the solenoide's.What's the capacity,do I have to drill the nozzles..?Maybe some of you have a old system like this,or have used one in the past?Any information would be mutch appreciated.

Kind regards.
Stian

Hi Stian,

Here 2 Links for your Nitrous Needs:

New Parts here: http://www.nitroussupply.com/index.php

Good Used Parts here: http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjjflash540

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
n2o

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 14:29:48 pm »

Part #05080 is described in my 1991 NOS catalogue as a fogger system for VW/Porsche 4-cylinder applications. Yours is the earlier pre-fogger system like the one I had on my Fastback back in 1988. The solenoids are good to flow fuel and nitrous up to 250hp, so more than enough on a street VW. The one thing I would do is to change from the existing non-fogger type nozzles/jets to the later fogger nozzles. You won't need to change anything else. If the price was right, it's a good system to start your journey over to the dark side... Cool

Agree on changing to foggerstyle nozzels, but I wouldnt trust this system for more than 100hp on a sharp tune. I used to run the sportsman fogger (05080), but have changed to the Pro Race Fogger.

9.88 @ 134.25 mph
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: