The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 14:02:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351060 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  68 late looker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 68 late looker  (Read 3647 times)
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« on: February 01, 2011, 15:08:21 pm »

hi chaps
i bought this on sunday
68 1500  2 owners from new ,been stored for the last 14 years in its garage fairly local to me
rot wise there a few little holes but the pan is in really good shape  shame 3 of the 4 wings are beyond repair  Sad

does any body know what these front seats are from Huh rocket ron says there possibly mk1 golf seats Huh who ever put them in did a good job any way

as to what im going to do to it ill keep it pretty tame ,ill just have some dropped spindles on empi 8s and keep it ratty for a while and just enjoy it

ill keep you all updated on progress ,i need to make room in my garage for it then strip her down check everything over

and dont take the piss about the number plate i know it looks like" suck off" Grin
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 15:15:28 pm by herbieharv » Logged

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
leec

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 18:58:42 pm »

Hi Harvey

beetle looks great. I think fat lip riverias would really suit it. Great colour

Lee
Addie/DVK

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 21:21:00 pm »

Car looks solid, very good to start with! Seats looks to me like mk1 golf seats.

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 21:54:34 pm »

looking good mate

Did the doors colour match ??

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
papapsi

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 21:56:05 pm »

looks a good starting point.  Grin

the blue disabled vehicle on your avatar, i used to repair those when a was a mechanic. had so much fun with them.  Grin  did you know the colour used on them was a porcshe colour? how cool is that.  Cool
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 22:16:21 pm »

looking good mate

Did the doors colour match ??

hi ron very embarrassingly i havnt had the time to check ,off to bristol tomo to pick up the trailer and when i get back ill have a real good look and guess what this 1 is older than knobbys 68  Grin

cheers lee im really pleased with it ,ive sourced some empi 8s off that mad farmer down cornwall for the time being ,martin mentioned about fatlips on friday as well funnily anoth

hey papasi thanks for that ,i had the mick taken out me because of the colour and apparently there so close on colour  Grin i see those buggys on ebay quite often

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
volkshead

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 17:11:31 pm »

Any progress?  On the look out for a 68-70 bug myself Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: