The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 20:27:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  CNC Staging Brake Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CNC Staging Brake Help  (Read 4385 times)
2387GHIA

« on: February 19, 2011, 17:30:50 pm »

i've just fitted a CNC staging brake to our Ghia and followed the instructions that came with it, however when i press the foot brake the brakes lock on when the pedals released, also the brakes drag when the staging brakes been pulled, any help would be very welcome thanks, Tez.
SPRasmussen

ET 10,54 - 197,65 at SCC 2011

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:52:01 am »

Sounds strange...

Please take a picture of what you done.  ( Brakelines on the stage brake )

Søren Rasmussen
Owner of The Ultra Rat
www.TeamAngoraRacing.dk
dragvw2180

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 14:13:19 pm »

I remember something was posted on another site about this problem, seems like it was an adjustment of the piston. I believe it was on Cal Look.com     I will try to find it,     Mike
dragvw2180

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 14:25:37 pm »

Drag Racer

United States

Re: Brake fluid & staging brake question
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 06:56:16 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Remove Handle, Clevis, and jam nut
2) Remove Boot
3) Remove set screw that holds piston assembly
4) Back piston assembly out 1 turn (left-loosy). It may be a little difficult since the set screw can sometimes mess up the thread. Use a screw driver or pick and a hammer and lightly tap it and back it out 1 turn.

Reassemble!

found it, Mike
2387GHIA

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 20:33:47 pm »

Pictures as requested, had another go at bleeding it and its still the same, you should be able to see that i've used flexible brake hosea to get from the steel pipes and over the tunnel to the staging brake, these hoses are the ones usually used on caliphers however one of them is the opposite way around to how it would be when used on a calipher.
 thanks for all the replies, will be next weekend now before i can try again due to work, thanks again. ps am struggling to get much brake fluid through the the bleed nipple
flatfire

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 23:27:23 pm »

I have had trouble with a new flexible brake hose before. The inner bore had collapsed.
If it has been twisted this could happen. Hard pipe it to the cylinder.
2387GHIA

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 21:40:34 pm »

Changed the flexible hoses to metal today and no change, bought a pressure bleeder and still got nothing through the bleed nipple, took the nipple out still nothing, was then that i noticed a bulge in the rear flexible brake hose, it was almost completly blocked, changed it and everything worked perfectly, thanks again for the replies  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: