The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 15:19:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Electric fuel pump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Electric fuel pump  (Read 2067 times)
spennyp

« on: April 17, 2007, 19:38:04 pm »

Right folks.....running a monster holley fuel pump off the ignition, so that when the ignition is on the fuel pumps , its a bit dodgy if i crash the car (heaven forbid) because if the ignition is still on the fuel will still be pumping to the carbs and believe me it pumps at a rate of knots with the large fuel pipe i have

so i need to sort this out, someone has mentioned fitting a relay and someone mentioned fitting an inertia box or a crash box which would stop the fuel pumping.

question is what do you recommend??? and how??

Java Green 64 looker....2387cc
48IDA-KDP

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 22:55:12 pm »

You could use this one from CSP

Electric  /  Switches and Relais < back

Safety cut-out relay for electric fuel pumps

With the safety-cut-out, the electric fuel pump is switched off when, e.g. in the event of an accident, the engine stops and the ignition remains switched on.
This device also protects the fuel pump against damage (risk of overheating), which can occur when the engine stops, but the ignition is on.
Comes with relais plus socket, universal wiring harness and detailed assembly instructions.

each Item/Order number Price 
  Safety-cut-out relays
127 025 000R 64.00 EUR/each   

(all above prices incl. german sales tax, plus shipping)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: