The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:16:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Share your shots of the 1996 GB Cruise to Detroit and 96" VWOA Show Pictures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Share your shots of the 1996 GB Cruise to Detroit and 96" VWOA Show Pictures  (Read 1256 times)
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« on: September 02, 2012, 23:18:39 pm »

One of my all time favorite VW cruises was the inaugural GENE BERG Memorial Cruise we did in May, shortly following our loss of GENE BERG. It was an event I will always remember because of all the VW camaraderie.  Each town we stopped in, the hosts were gracious, enthusiastic and fun to be with.  We met a lot of great people each year and had some fun/eventful things happen.

In this picture you see me with my 67. I originally intended to trailer it to the VW of America show in Auburn Hills, Michigan. A small mishap with Don Bulitta's car, led to me pulling it out and driving it from somewhere in Iowa....the rest of the cruise.  Don's 66 is in the trailer behind me, awaiting repairs to be made at Connie Holcomb's garage.  Gary Berg flew in to join the cruise and helped Don with the tear down and redo at Connie's Garage in Johnson Creek, Wisconsin (SP?).  That was an event too!

Would love to see shots anyone took who joined us, went on the cruise, attended any of the events we were at or met us in Auburn Hills.  I think this is where I first met Richard Roth.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: