The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 20:03:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350866 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  RETIRED from Hot VW Drag Days and Bug Ins.......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: RETIRED from Hot VW Drag Days and Bug Ins.......  (Read 38396 times)
bugnut68

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 18:59:13 pm »

NO DYNO ...NO DOLLARS!!!  I'll be at SAC for the BOR instead of bug in.  Sorry vendors, but I vote with my check book
and I'm not the one who threw away the talent.  I was really looking forward to Nick's...oh well  Angry

I remember when Dyno used to announce the BOR events, too... those were the good ol' days.
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2011, 02:40:08 am »

They are paying someone announce.  Let it be the one and only...

Go fast, don't turn
Speed-Randy

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2011, 02:52:42 am »

They're saying the announcer comes with the track steve, hopefully he will be as insightful as the dragday guy and let everyone know" the outlaw turbo class are the really quick cars".

kingsburgphil

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2011, 04:04:14 am »

That sounds like the same BS they said about drag day.   It doesn't really matter since I'm spending my money at Sacramento, where the hardcore racing is  Cheesy.
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2011, 13:05:13 pm »

I think you all should start a petition and deliver it to Rich. Make sure Rich knows that there still a lot of folks out there that care and want this tradition to continue. The t-shirts are a great idea, and maybe a few folks with clip boards getting signatures at the next couple of events to support the signatures from this forum. It will be hard to argue his value if you walk in with 1000+ names.

My club started a show here in New Jersey back in 2005. All the local VW show/races have become both air and water cooled events, with the air-cooled taking a back seat to the water-cooled turnout 4 to 1. We wanted to change this so we started something new, the All Air-Cooled Gathering [http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/]. Although not on the scale of something like the Classic or Bug-In, what started as 60 cars and about 150 people has grown to over 350 cars and 1500 people and is still growing. That's not an easy thing to do here in the northeast.

Having known Dyno since my days in DKK the one thing that would complete this show for me was to get "The Voice" so I hit him up at one of Rich's parties before the Classic a few years back. It didn't take much arm twisting but Dyno has been our special guest the last couple years. Dyno has committed to our third year and I hope to be able to continue this new tradition for many years to come. What is really cool about it is that some of the folks, that have been in the scene from many years, come up to me how great it is that we were able to get him!

Here's an idea for a t-shirt and maybe posters!

If you need a higher resolution file, I can provide it,

-jeffrey

Jeff68

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2011, 13:53:06 pm »

Jhicken - Your Dyno Don artwork idea is great!  It's also great that you're getting Dyno out to your event(s).  Keep it going!
Jeff
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2011, 14:04:44 pm »

Jeffrey, that artwork is COOL! We all need to print stickers of it and run 'em on the back windows of our cars for the next few events.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
bugnut68

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2011, 16:35:03 pm »

I think it was asked earlier in the thread possibly, but I'm just curious if anyone has actually talked to Rick Kimball about why the decision was made? 
kingsburgphil

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2011, 16:53:10 pm »

Jeffrey, that artwork is COOL! We all need to print stickers of it and run 'em on the back windows of our cars for the next few events.
Great idea! I'll pass out flyers with that artwork @ The Madera Spring Fling http://www.MaderaSpringFling.com . this Sun. The Petition idea
sounds good too, not as nasty as starting a boycott of Ovals Only. 
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2011, 17:08:48 pm »

Before we hand any stickers, posters or t-shirts, we should wait till Dyno chimes in and see what he says. Although I don't believe being brought out of retirement would be an issue [unless there is some other thing going on], it's all up to Dyno.

If he approves, I'll post a link to a high rez pdf for folks to "spread the word"

-jeffrey

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2011, 18:47:42 pm »

Fair enough, Jeffrey.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2011, 18:55:27 pm »

Screw that... the angry mob doesn't wait for permission!  Grin Grin

Now where's my hangin' rope at... there it is... next to my shotgun!  Wink

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 18:57:00 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2011, 19:57:25 pm »

Rick,

Sounds like you're from TEXAS.

LOL,
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2011, 20:01:56 pm »

Rick,

LOL,
TxT

<Southern Drawl>Why thank you kindly Tex  Wink </Southern Drawl>

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
kingsburgphil

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2011, 22:52:01 pm »

I think it was asked earlier in the thread possibly, but I'm just curious if anyone has actually talked to Rick Kimball about why the decision was made? 
Word has it he was accused of being a "Prima Donna".

Close, but off the mark....."PRIMO DYNO"  DON is more like it.     The first, the best, the only true Voice.
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2011, 23:02:18 pm »

Rick,

LOL,
TxT

<Southern Drawl>Why thank you kindly Tex  Wink </Southern Drawl>

Talk is CHEAP.
Let's see the ScatterGUN! Grin

LOL
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
kingsburgphil

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2011, 00:46:00 am »

Before we hand any stickers, posters or t-shirts, we should wait till Dyno chimes in and see what he says. Although I don't believe being brought out of retirement would be an issue [unless there is some other thing going on], it's all up to Dyno.

If he approves, I'll post a link to a high rez pdf for folks to "spread the word"

-jeffrey
Too late  Grin    Just picked up the fliers and my T-shirt, and yes I even left off the BOYCOTT Ovals Only part.

click 
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2011, 03:02:52 am »

Just talked to Dyno, he's cool with whatever we do so if someone wants to print up t-shirts, fliers, or put together a petition, click on the link below to download a high resolution file of the artwork.

http://www.cjvws.com/hosted/savethevoice.pdf

-jeffrey

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2011, 05:26:35 am »

I also changed my avatar to the pic of the flyer, I suggest mybe we all do so in support!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2011, 05:58:41 am »

Now what about the bikini girls? How do we get that back? Shocked Worm?

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: