The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 14:19:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Highway Story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Highway Story  (Read 1901 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« on: March 16, 2011, 00:12:28 am »

So last Thursday, we're driving from OC to Phoenix for an extended weekend and to take in some pre-season baseball.

We're blasting along in a rental car and I explained to my wife that one of my strategies for high speed long distance driving is to hook up with someone else who's driving fast and let him get out a quarter or a half mile ahead and then just pace him that way if someone is shooting radar, he'll catch their attention.

So outside of Palm Springs we hook but with this guy in a black Lexus LS450.. he's flying a couple of times we hit 100. Just outside of Blythe, I see him get on the brakes pretty hard so I do the same... sure enough, a CHP is on the center divider. After I pass him, he flips a U and starts coming after us.

I'm thinkiing he's gonna get one of us. He comes up behind me so I pull into the slow lane.. he passes and then redlights the Lexus  Roll Eyes   Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:23:05 am »

*whew*!  Cheesy

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: