The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 07:03:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351059 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  The GTV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: The GTV  (Read 155136 times)
Coxy

« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2012, 16:01:33 pm »

When the haze clears you can see better I suppose. I can't wait to see it progress.

1965 Deluxe Beetle
1966 ex-Swedish diplomatic 1300 Beetle
1973 GT Beetle - 1835cc
1977 Cal Look Beetle
.....and too many projects :-)

www.volksworld.com
www.carbsandchrome.com
Speed-Randy

« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2012, 18:31:47 pm »

Does it have to be from Texas? There are quite a few here in California and I run across a lot of vehicles in my work.

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #332 on: June 16, 2012, 18:49:12 pm »

Does it have to be from Texas? There are quite a few here in California and I run across a lot of vehicles in my work.

Cheesy A Texas Yellow fender fender from California will do just fine Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Bugsy

« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2012, 19:21:12 pm »

Hey Zach!

So sorry to here about your accident, but "the plan" is excellent. Thats what i would have done in the same situation.
I know all about "the car ownes me"  Grin, and you canīt do anything to it without thinking "is this right?"

Regards Patrik
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2012, 19:31:42 pm »

I know all about "the car ownes me"  Grin, and you canīt do anything to it without thinking "is this right?"

Exactly. Every time there was a grey area I would just ask myself, WWED (What Would Empi Do).  Roll Eyes

Bugsy

« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2012, 20:48:36 pm »

Hehe!

I have a sunroof 66ī bone stock that i got for free last year beacuse the owner (that bought it new), just wanted it to stay untouched and gave me the commission to keep it like that. Canīt touche that car without thinking twice, what would the original owner do??? Roll Eyes
Even the dented fenders stay put to keep the cars history, for now.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2012, 20:59:13 pm »

Cheesy A Texas Yellow fender fender from California will do just fine Wink

Sorry for the stupid question, not being a late model guy I didn't realize that Texas yellow was a color. My bad! Cool

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2012, 22:18:11 pm »

Ok fellas, here's where I'm at. It's been a tough week. I'm surprised my boss didn't fire my ass, my head has been spinning for days now.
Like I said before, there's no possible way I could afford a full restoration, money or time wise. I've got a lot of other important things in life coming up (no, not kids!) that are going to need my complete, undivided attention. I also have zero desire for a restored car. I love that the car was a bit scruffy around the edges. It had character. It had charm. And hanging on to it for years, when I could use the equity for something else my girlfriend would find more appropriate, has little appeal to me.
I've also had a love/hate relationship with this car the last few years. The reasons I love it I've stated and are obvious. Like I've said before, I don't own that car, it owns me. It goes further than that even. I'm that cars bitch! I can't do what I want to do with the car, I have to do what is correct for it. It leaves me little to no creative input, and as you can tell by AssHull's car, I've got a lot of ideas swimming around in my head. I do want a car I with too much power, too much noise, and no heat. Something impractical!  Something I can do burnouts in and not waste skinny 165's that are $200 each! It's insane to spend that money on tires, but that's what that car deserves. I want something that I can get creative with. I really feel like there is more of "me" in AssHull's car than there is my own.
But then I had an idea... What if I found a Texas Yellow donor car, pushed back the inner structure of my car, swapped the hood, fenders, door, and even the quarter panels over, touched up the paint where needed/welded, find decals and call it good? Of course I know there's a lot more to it than that, and it's still going to be expensive. But at least it's not full restoration expensive. And it retains much of its appeal to me. I know the guy for the job, he is fucking expensive but he does damn good work, and he's in my area. He's also a VW guy,  knows my car and the history that surrounds it.
So that's where I'm at. I'm going to drive back and get the car sometime soon. You all can help me out by finding that original paint 1972 Texas Yellow donor car!

Sounds like an awesome plan!

Let me know if there's anything I can do... all ready searching for a Texas Yellow donor!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2012, 22:27:25 pm »

Stay tuned to this thread Kids!

We're gonna be seeing all sorts of Cal-Look awesomeness happening over the next few months!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2012, 23:22:31 pm »

Grin

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2012, 04:22:09 am »

Zach

Do you need anything from me on the motor free of charges let me know if you need my help.

Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
bugnut68

« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2016, 03:17:29 am »

Very nice feature on this car in the October Volksworld... just saw it today at the local bookstore.
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2016, 04:55:10 am »

I need to get my hands on that issue.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:51:23 am by Zach Gomulka » Logged

56BLITZ
DKK

« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2016, 02:37:09 am »

Hey Zach, are ya still lookin' for a parts car?
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5866149885.html

Jesucristo es mi Seņor y Salvador!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: