The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:41:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Steering wheels................
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Steering wheels................  (Read 122442 times)
Andrew

« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2016, 16:08:12 pm »

Yes, nice that!
Glauco

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2016, 15:06:14 pm »

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I used a steering wheel from a fiat 850.
bored out the rivets for the stock mount and made an adaptor out of an old (broken) stock steering wheel.
sourced a horn button and flattend out the fiat logo, looks great, should get some foto's of how it looks now..

glauco
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2016, 18:27:36 pm »

got this one some weeks ago
britannia

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
karl h

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2016, 08:21:42 am »

mine of unknown manufacture. ran it in the oval and it will go into the 63

nicolas

« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2016, 20:11:02 pm »

britannia

always like those, especially with a little porsche logo  Grin
Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2016, 10:41:09 am »

Here´s my collection of steering wheels.
MrIcka

« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2017, 15:44:01 pm »

After seeing Felix/DFL's sweet looking Passat TS steering wheel in this tread I began the hunt for one to fit in my car. After som tip I found on fore sale on "Tradera" (Swedish Ebay) and placed the winning bid, maybe higher than I liked but....  Grin

I redrilled a Luise hub, blasted and powder coated the hornring and monted the sw with stainless allen bolts.

This is the result in my 71 late looker, when my 67 is done (if it gets done) it will moved there.

Neil Davies

« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2017, 23:42:08 pm »

That Passat wheel looks great, and you're not likely to see too many others.

Mine is a Nardi - got a woodrim one from an MX-5 to go in my wife's cab (eventually...) but saw this leather one a few years ago at VoWo and couldn't resist it for £25! Ideally needs the leather redoing as it's worn through on one piece.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
beetletom

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2017, 09:05:23 am »

Tried my new wheel on the 67 yesterday.
Original momo prototipo, but will need to modify indicator arm, or run quite a large spacer, as the wheel is totally flat  Embarrassed
Abadco2

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2017, 21:29:13 pm »

This is what I am running, having a horn button made and wrapping it in the same color door panel you can see.

This wheel is very old school to me, who manufactured this wheel and what is the diameter?
MrIcka

« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2017, 22:02:03 pm »

Tried my new wheel on the 67 yesterday.
Original momo prototipo, but will need to modify indicator arm, or run quite a large spacer, as the wheel is totally flat  Embarrassed

Sweet I want one =)
Bon

« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2018, 20:09:49 pm »

Just want to share this steering wheel of mine. Got it about 8 years ago and i’m thinking its an Empi GT but doesn’t have the stamp at the back. Came with an original boss kit and black button. The spline is definitely for volkswagen. When i first installed it, i saw the backside of the horn button and it has the wolfburg logo engraved. Maybe anyone has any info regarding this one? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bryan67

« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2018, 14:29:52 pm »

It`s an EMPI GT wheel with a VW horn button modified to fit.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
guillaume

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2018, 15:05:31 pm »

The horn button is not a VW modified. Empi offered this rare version. I have one too. It is made exactly as an Empi one.

Different versions were made :
- Black with silver Wolfsburg crest
- Full black. It was the one like yours, with the VW crest, but the plastic used is black, so you can't see any details.

Empi steering wheels were sold via different retailers. Empi of cours, but a bit later by IECO. IECO steering wheels where Empi but they didn't have the Empi logo on them and have the black of VW crest horn buttons.

I just bought the lot of Empi steering wheels from the original manufacturer and I have all the history for this one. I will give more info later.
Bon

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2018, 15:18:18 pm »

The horn button is not a VW modified. Empi offered this rare version. I have one too. It is made exactly as an Empi one.

Different versions were made :
- Black with silver Wolfsburg crest
- Full black. It was the one like yours, with the VW crest, but the plastic used is black, so you can't see any details.

Empi steering wheels were sold via different retailers. Empi of cours, but a bit later by IECO. IECO steering wheels where Empi but they didn't have the Empi logo on them and have the black of VW crest horn buttons.

I just bought the lot of Empi steering wheels from the original manufacturer and I have all the history for this one. I will give more info later.
Thanks for the info! I’d sure love to know more history about this one. Been looking for any info over the years but to no avail. I’m glad for your help. I’m wondering myself why it has the VW crest underneath the full black logo, and tried to compare the button with other steering wheels but not one looks like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glauco

« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2018, 20:56:10 pm »

The Fiat 850 steering wheel fully installed with the original horn button Smiley

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

nicolas

« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2018, 21:02:58 pm »

yes that is cool. and fuelmeter in full view, that is smart  Grin
Glauco

« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2018, 21:10:39 pm »

yes that is cool. and fuelmeter in full view, that is smart  Grin

Ha ha, thank you  Grin
But it's a voltage meter, shitty photo, my bad!
Haven't installed the fuel meter yet.
Not yet sure witch meter is going to go where. I'm already happy that they are working. Most of them Roll Eyes
nicolas

« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2018, 21:39:30 pm »

ahhh voltmeters. when they say the voltage is low, you allready know, because you didn't start.  Grin
Glauco

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2018, 06:12:50 am »

ahhh voltmeters. when they say the voltage is low, you allready know, because you didn't start.  Grin

exactly!  Grin but it came in a pack with the 944 gauges so I could just as well use it Wink
bugnick

« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2018, 11:08:48 am »

Just wanted to share my steering wheel (and dash). Original it has some kind of foam rim, but it is covered in nice black leather now.
For me it is the perfect steering wheel for my late model.

Cheers, Nick Koebrugge.
andrewlandon67

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2018, 20:57:17 pm »

My buddy gave me/my car a VDM Coach wheel for her 50th birthday yesterday, and it took all of about half an hour this morning to decide to put it on. I'll be restoring it at some point in the future, but for now, I think I'll rock it as it is. Or maybe I'll get brave and try to leather wrap it.

Well since my car is going to be getting a ton of work done this winter, I'm hoping to get the cracks in the wheel filled in while the car's up on blocks (figuratively.) I was wondering if any of you guys would be able to lead me down the right path of resins/glues to fill them in? Thanks for any advice!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2018, 07:55:22 am »

Hi Andrew,

I´ve repaired 4-5 original steering wheels with a 2-component-kit from Patex.
It worked really well and I think it could work on your steering wheel.
But after some grinding and a bit of filler it needs to be repainted.

Tobi
andrewlandon67

« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2018, 17:40:53 pm »

Hi Andrew,

I´ve repaired 4-5 original steering wheels with a 2-component-kit from Patex.
It worked really well and I think it could work on your steering wheel.
But after some grinding and a bit of filler it needs to be repainted.

Tobi

Awesome, thank you! As far as repainting it goes, I've been trying to work out what I want to do for that. I'll be sure to put up pictures of it when it's all done though!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

Straight Time

« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2018, 10:03:03 am »

Andrew,

Milliput works well. Also needs sanding and painting. I got mine from our local Boyes store in the craft section, or any craft shop or online. Easy to use and a good finish.  Wink

No retreat, No surrender !
andrewlandon67

« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2018, 18:30:45 pm »

Andrew,

Milliput works well. Also needs sanding and painting. I got mine from our local Boyes store in the craft section, or any craft shop or online. Easy to use and a good finish.  Wink

Milliput epoxy putty? I want to make sure I do it right and it stays in place for as long as possible.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

Sam K

« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2018, 19:18:50 pm »

I used a kit from Eastwood to restore the steering wheel in my '68 Camaro about ten yeasr ago. It's held up pretty well.
andrewlandon67

« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2018, 19:40:56 pm »

I used a kit from Eastwood to restore the steering wheel in my '68 Camaro about ten yeasr ago. It's held up pretty well.

Good to know, thanks!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2018, 11:09:15 am »

I have had this Moto Lita steering wheel in storage for the past 20+ years. I've got
it from a friend who imported a Ghia from CA back then and he did'nt want to use
it due to the missing steering wheel boss.
I finnished my own steering wheel boss this summer and it all fits nicely in my Bug.

/Rolf
63 ripper

« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2018, 14:06:31 pm »

britannia

Hi Fab...did you get this from Phil ? Looks like one I sold to him. Cool piece. I have a similar one now which I will probably sell...if anyone is interested, PM me.  Seasons greeting Loungers...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 16:01:55 pm by 63 ripper » Logged

JG54

twelve-zeros, back in the day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: