The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:21:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350679 Posts in 28572 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  whatīs the best thermo tape
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: whatīs the best thermo tape  (Read 2354 times)
vintagewagenwerks

« on: April 03, 2011, 19:25:11 pm »

I searching for a good thermo tape for my merged header,the cheap one i used was very bad, because it smokes all day long out of the wheelhouses .Have anyone a good advice whatīs using the best i looked for a titanium coated one but do not know how it works .

Itīs better to burn out than to fade away.
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:12:17 am »

Personally I don't like it. I know many would disagree, but water off the road will be held against the header and rust it out quicker than normal, plus oil drips etc will soak in, creating more smoke. I'd rather modify the cooling tins around the header.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 15:29:26 pm »

X2. it rots away, makes a mess, and will ruin your header. Personally i just used it on the collector-pipe to the muffler. Saves ankles. Grin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 15:39:15 pm by Harry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 21:19:34 pm »

Of course your opinion is right the rust will do his work much faster than without but a good friend told me a titanium coated tape will not get sucked up by water .It seems to be like a hard covered tape without any sponging characters.And the protectet heat will bring a better flow to the engine .But itīs important that the biginning of the taping will be minimum 2" far away from the muff of the heads to release any overheating returning to the exhaust of the head.
Can anyone share this feature?

Itīs better to burn out than to fade away.
Fiatdude

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 22:28:12 pm »

LIght Blasting in a glass beader, then paint it with Graphite --- Oh so very nice looking and performing

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: