The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:11:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Cleaning an Holley 2110 carb...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cleaning an Holley 2110 carb...  (Read 3319 times)
El Dub

Nostalgia VW addicted!

« on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:10 am »

Hi Guys,

Again needing your help... Was trying to fire up the 1500cc for the GTV and after some troubles (fuel line, gas pump...) Angry, I discovered that my Holley bugspray accelerator pump seems to be stuck... I guess some rust appeared just under the pump line beetwen the nozzles (the card sat for a couple of years without gasoline)... When I operate the throttle linkage, no gas come on the nozzles while the carb tank is full...

Anyone there experienced such trouble. I think I will put some carb cleaner, but what the best chance to get it cleaned... Any suggestion Huh

I definitely want that engine to finally fire up and that GTV roll.................... Go go go E BugIn...

Andi/DFL

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:59:38 am »

hi laurent,

I think, the engine should at least start even without working accelerator pump? Have you checked everything else? Are the idle jets ok? Ignition? Does it start, if you spray some .... into the carb? (I'm missing the english word, in german it's called "Startpilot", a spray to help an engine getting started). Just to make sure, it's really the accelerator pump. Can't help you with the Bugspray, never had one in my hands.

El Dub

Nostalgia VW addicted!

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:33:10 pm »

Thanks for your input Andy  Cheesy

Well, I didn't try yet to run the engine with starpilot. I was disapointed yesterday night, that the only thing I wanted was throwing the carb out... Engine should starts if carb works as the sparks light when on the case ground! 

I'm not sure it should start without accelerator pump, as when I operate the throttle linkage, nos gasoline comes out of the 2 nozzles... I will try to have a better look tonight and put some carb cleaner inside, followed by compressed air... Let's see what will happen... I just hope to receive some dirt in my face... Keep you posted!

Keep my finger crossed!

empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 16:46:33 pm »

try  to find a rebuilt kit on ebay Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: