The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 18:13:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Fuel Line Fandango
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fuel Line Fandango  (Read 2513 times)
65bug

« on: May 31, 2011, 22:40:46 pm »

Cal look Brutha's,
         This is 65bug........................from the hood Grin Grin Grin Cheesy. Just kidding! Hey I have a fuel line question for all you guys:
     I have dual 48 Dellortos. From carb to carb, I run just the basic rubber fuel line with the material strand around it. I guess it's the original stuff.
     Now from about my fly wheel towards the motor I have about a 8 inch piece of the original line. The I have this brass tubing the meanders back and forth in several different angles. I am guess this is the original part of the line that goes through the tin on the front of the motor and into the engine compartment.
     My question is: Should I lose this piece of ridged tubing and just run the flex tubing all the way through into the engine compartment and directly onto the carb? Or would this be a fire hazard? I just want a nice simple safe job Wink Wink
      I do not want to spend 100-300.00 on fuel lines right now. Basic is good for me, as you cannot see them anyways.
      Thanks! Wink
65bug

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 22:41:49 pm »

PS  I do have a baby hand help line cutter. So I could cut the line down if that would be good..................
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 00:16:13 am »

65B,
Do you still use the original hard line through the tunnel?
If still original supply, I like to run the hard line through the front sheet metal with the proper grommet or similar. It's just more durable than a rubber hose. Not a bad idea to add some kind of shielding to protect from heat like the kevlar fabric they sell for spark plugs ....
When I replaced my supply line with larger diameter I ran the hard line all the way up to the fire wall where it connects to a bulkhead fitting, with a filter added in the middle ... but that's another day ...
Simple/basic is good.
Take care,
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
65bug

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:13:02 am »

Thanks Tom. Hell, not sure what the original line looks like. Is this the brass piece I was talking about that goes back and forth? Or was  there another piece that this brass line goes through? I will look through my manuals and dig around. Let me snap some pics Tom. I will post them! Wink
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:52:46 am »

The original line that goes through from the engine compartment, front engine tin, and to over the trans are made from steel and the bend is a bit like a dog-leg bend. If yours is brass, someone came up with it ....

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
65bug

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 06:02:28 am »

Tom,
  Thanks! It's not brass and I do have the original on there. How does that thing sit in there correctly? I need to take it out to get some better pics. I was told I can use braided steel line too which actually sounds kinda nice! Can you get a idea with this pic?
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
65bug

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 06:03:45 am »

Inside the engine compartment, it makes a hard 90 and goes straight up! Pretty sure it's original!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: